Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft
Reload this Page >

looking for Duallest info

Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

looking for Duallest info

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:05 PM
halflight
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for Duallest info

who makes the Duallest??
Old 06-04-2010, 06:27 AM
boingram

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: looking for Duallest info

Dave Platt designed and kitted the original Duelist as the Mark 2 and manufactured under the name Dave Platt Models. Pica bought it and kitted the kit till about the early 80's. Cox Models put out an ARF a couple of years ago and it is OK, but the kits, which can be found on ebay, are great airframes. But, if you don't enjoy lots of sticks, carving ,and balsa sheets, don't even think about it.

I have the COX now and a framed up Pica kit. Have had several and they are fabulous...a pattern ship with twin engines. Very fast and it would be a shame not to put retracts in it.

Flies perfect on a pair of .46's...52's more than enough.

Bo
Old 07-08-2010, 10:19 PM
regnat1

Actually, Dave started designing the Duellist while he was working for PICA in 1976 - 78. After a falling out, he left and modified the design calling it the Mk 2.

PICAcompleted their Duellist design and sold the kit through 2004 when the business was sold to Estes/Cox.

Estes made ARF models of some PICAkits, the Duellist was one of them.

Jon
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Montague

The Cox ARF version is out of production as far as I can tell, it looks like Cox got out of the large ARF market almost as fast as they got in.

Pica, of course, doesn't exist.

So, right now, the answer is "No one" for kits are ARFs.

You can get the plans for the Mk2 version from Model Airplane News plans service if I recall.