RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   Double Trouble! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/10842309-double-trouble.html)

TCBLightning 12-04-2011 05:20 AM

Double Trouble!

1 Attachment(s)
After talking about this for years I finally got around to building Double Trouble. I built one of these prior and called it White Lightning but without the gear to land inverted. It flies great and lands as easy inverted as it does upright.

2 Tower Hobbies Uproar kits. Wing span is 52" fuse/booms are 12" apart. A pair of OS 25FXs provide power.

evan-RCU 12-04-2011 05:50 AM

RE: Double Trouble!

Very nice, why different props?

soarrich 12-04-2011 06:54 AM

ORIGINAL: evan-RCU

You ask THIS guy "Why different" anything?:D:D

JohnBuckner 12-04-2011 07:16 AM

Excellent TCB, beautifully done and even both sets of gear appear equally rugged, thanks for the pics;)

John

Villa 12-04-2011 07:21 AM

Hi TCBLightning
That sure is a great project. Nice photos. Thanks.

TCBLightning 12-04-2011 07:29 AM

Kind of a long story on the props. The day I maidend this in late Sept there was a cross wind and the grass around our paved runway was in need of a manicure. It started out with APC props and after a rough landing I broke a prop and put a pair of Master Airscrew props on there....then broke one of those. The next weekend was a fun fly and I loaded the plane in my truck with the one good MA prop and what I thought was a bag of new APCs in my field box. When I got to the fun fly 80 miles away I realized the bag of props was sitting on my work bench not in the field box. Luckily I still had the one good APC and was able to use it with the MA prop that was already on there. Both are 9x5 pitch and neither the plane or the pilot notices any difference. It did raise a lot of questions at the field though.

It has a pair of APCs on it now.

Prop_Washer2 12-04-2011 08:28 AM

I usually buy my dress shoes 2 pairs ata time, one Brown pair and one Black pair. I went to work one day after a hard night of too much Tequilla, and a co-worker noticed that I had one Black and one Brown shoe on. Damn I was wondering why I was walking to the left a little more, I thought it was the Tequilla effect, but no that Brown shoe was just slower....

ORIGINAL: TCBLightning

Kind of a long story on the props. The day I maidend this in late Sept there was a cross wind and the grass around our paved runway was in need of a manicure. It started out with APC props and after a rough landing I broke a prop and put a pair of Master Airscrew props on there....then broke one of those. The next weekend was a fun fly and I loaded the plane in my truck with the one good MA prop and what I thought was a bag of new APCs in my field box. When I got to the fun fly 80 miles away I realized the bag of props was sitting on my work bench not in the field box. Luckily I still had the one good APC and was able to use it with the MA prop that was already on there. Both are 9x5 pitch and neither the plane or the pilot notices any difference. It did raise a lot of questions at the field though.

It has a pair of APCs on it now.

CK1 12-04-2011 01:56 PM

LMAO .......... Been there done that