RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   KMP F-7F Tigercat (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/4814227-kmp-f-7f-tigercat.html)

ghost.fr 01-14-2009 03:29 AM

RE: KMP F-7F Tigercat

ORIGINAL: F82FAN

ORIGINAL: ghost.fr

richard could you tell me the reference at Century Jet for the retract please

thx
greg

ok i found it thx : [link=http://centuryjet.com/product_info.php/products_id/973]centuryjet KMP F7F[/link]

richard : Do you think i sould upgrade the retract i have in the kit and how do i know if its GEN 5 retracts or older?

frankly tell me, its not a question of money just security for my Tcat ... should i upgrade or not? since i'm build ing it right now i would follow your advice and
upgrade or not but if its just supperflew i will skip and in future maybe upgrade of the look
Hi Ghost,
You didn't ask me, but you can tell the Gen V gear by the BLUE Anodizing on the mount part of them.
Yes, you should upgrade. Budget however much peace-of-mind is worth to you. This thing is big, expensive and a great flyer, but crappy gear will make you leave it at home and take something else. Ask me how I know???
Regards,
Wally
thx for frankly answer

And what would be a good choice Century or robart or ...?

ghost.fr 01-14-2009 03:36 AM

ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

IF ANYONE here who resides in the CONT. 48 US needs any Century Jet or ROBART GEAR drop me a line..

I can assist with a deal,,,

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
VQ,ASM,KMP STOCKING DEALER

www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]
well in that case i'll be interested by one of them if you can ship to france i'll be glad

Pylon2 01-14-2009 02:33 PM

Hi Ghost,
The century jet are very good and work superb with deluxe valve kit. They were very easy retro fit. all you have to do is attack the landing gear bearers with your Dremel!! I then added a little more strength to the vital areas. Well worth the upgrade.
Cheers Richard.

nemesis4u 01-14-2009 03:14 PM

WE do ship to most EUROPEAN COUNTRIES...

-thanks for your inquiry!

-TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
www.vqwarbirds.com
[email protected]

ghost.fr 01-14-2009 03:31 PM

ORIGINAL: Pylon2

Hi Ghost,
The century jet are very good and work superb with deluxe valve kit. They were very easy retro fit. all you have to do is attack the landing gear bearers with your Dremel!! I then added a little more strength to the vital areas. Well worth the upgrade.
Cheers Richard.
thx richard just ordered the century and also found a way to use the KMP gen 5 in a P51 ;-)

plus i just received my final choice for the Tcat for engines its a SAITO (2009) FA115a !! its mega small for a 19cc size of a 90 so no hole to open for engine !! cooool ;-) plus anouth power i'm sure, I will tell anyway

Rogue Eagle 01-14-2009 09:56 PM

Hey guys,
I've been monitoring this thread and the other KMP T-cat thread for some time now to get all the insights I can into applying them to my T-cat(a cheaper Cedar Hobbies one) that is almost exactly the same dimensions and weight. I downloaded the assembly instructions to assist in any mods I wanted to do. When I first got mine I contacted KMP about getting a set of retracts and was redirected to Sierra Giant Scale. Since I saved on the airframe I decided to get them mostly because I fell in love with the look of the nose gear. I was really surprised at the construction and durability of them when I got them. They are truly rugged. I had to do a great deal of modification to the airframe as well as the gear itself to make it fit, and Darrel was very helpful. I even had to send my original wheels back to get small ones so they would fit in the nacelles (Cedar Hobbies are only 6" diameter). I figure if I'm going to spend alot of time and money on a build I want to feel secure about having the bird settle down nicely on them on the ground. I haven't finished mine yet, but I really enjoy working on it.
Mine is electric so I am interested in what anyone who has made the conversion has to say.

at-6 texan 01-15-2009 02:19 AM

http://www.scalewings.com/produktion.

F82FAN 01-15-2009 08:00 PM

ORIGINAL: at-6 texan

http://www.scalewings.com/produktion.
Thanks a lot. Now I have to figure out what to get rid of to get one of those.
NICE!

at-6 texan 01-16-2009 01:01 AM

no problem;)!...Well,if you want i have the photos and blue print piani to TIGERCAT!...so now you have something work on....

Capt G 01-28-2009 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Engines mounted - controls fitted.

F82FAN 01-28-2009 03:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Capt G

Looks nice! It will be great to see one in a new color scheme.
You will LOVE those Fuji's. They fly my 95" B-25 perfectly. 14X7 or 14X9 3-blades will go great on there too.
I almost wish I had done them with mine, but those YS 4-strokes are real barn burners - and LOUD like the real one!
Keep us posted.
F82FAN

Ron McGrath 02-07-2009 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been watching this thread since I received my Tigercat for My birthday and I just had to post a Picture of the nose wheel setup on my Tigercat I can take no credit for any of the build other than I paid for it! A good friend of mine is doing the build and we hope its done for Joe Nall in May. He always impresses everyone with his ingenuity.

Capt G 02-07-2009 03:26 PM

What gear is that?

Ron McGrath 02-07-2009 03:48 PM

[ul][*] Sierra with a added piece for the servo[*] [*]
[/ul]

BUCKAROO 02-10-2009 07:29 AM

I'm told that the sad end of my first Tigercat has been captured for posterity in the latest edition of RC Model World (cause - ran out of fuel on one engine showing off & it died in the turn to finals - low & slow!!!!).

The build of my second is well underway.

Pylon2 02-10-2009 12:46 PM

Yes I saw that in the mag. Very sad sight indeed. Good photography though!!!!!!!
Cheers Richard.

n8622t 02-14-2009 06:06 PM

Hey builders, I just wanted to pass along what I did to my TCAT wing to make it more transportable

n8622t 02-14-2009 06:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: n8622t

Hey builders, I just wanted to pass along what I did to my TCAT wing to make it more transportable

BUCKAROO 02-16-2009 07:00 AM

The irony was that it won " Best Multi-engined " even beating the beatifully built & detailed DC-3 that was on the cover - the reason given that in flight it closely matched the attitude and "aggressive " look of the original and made all the right noises.

The large photo was taken seconds before the engine out - the close proximity of terra firma is evident.

My real point is that in flight it is an awesome model aircraft and a real showstopper - if that is not inspiration to all to get theirs into the air nothing is!!

F82FAN 02-23-2009 10:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: Capt G

Need updates Cap'n!!!
All snowed in, or what? We wanna see one that ISN"T like ours!
Keep us posted...
Thanks,
Wally

Capt G 02-24-2009 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No snow here. It's gonna be in the 70s this weekend. I have been using available time to finish up the other Grumman - Byron Hellcat which is finally in the painting stage. That one will be different. As for the T-cat, other available scale schemes don't do much for me but I do like the Big Bossman, so.....

CHARLES WINTER 02-24-2009 05:11 PM

Hi Capt. G. You probably have this situation solved. In one of your pictures it appears you have your flap servos facing (installed) in the same orientation. If you don't have a way of reversing the one side of the wing you will have aileron action. Keep sending out pictures. I'm all set to get another flight on my T-Cat.
Col. Chuck Winter

Capt G 02-24-2009 07:00 PM

Good eye. All 4 flap servos will be on a match box - fully adjustable end points and reversing individually.

F82FAN 02-24-2009 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
King of the Cats is my personal favorite.
I've been "up-close-and-personal" with her at the Palm Springs Air Museum.
Black is BEAUTIFUL:D:D:D

scale9planes 03-20-2009 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All here is some photos of my cat getting ready to set up & run motors i have made some mods to elevators like i only run 1 servo. same for the rudder & nose leg