RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   OV-10 Bronco 81" (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/566432-ov-10-bronco-81-a.html)

AmishWarlord 02-19-2012 03:24 AM

RE: OV-10 Bronco 81

What is the most popular retracs for the 81" Bronco?

rinnander 02-19-2012 08:15 AM

AmishWarloard,

I would look at these http://www.shindinmachine.com/Bronco/bronconov05.html

Paul

gsmith6879 02-20-2012 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The progress continues on the Bronco. Pulled the scale canopy parts last week and got the wing covered this last weekend. All control surfaces are hinged and linkages completed and tested.

AmishWarlord 02-20-2012 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah I found some at Centruy Jet. Anyone use these?

http://centuryjet.com/product_info.php/products_id/70

BadLemon 02-20-2012 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

What is the most popular retracs for the 81'' Bronco?

Here is the set I have from Sierra, in my opinion they are the best retract system out there.

http://www.sierragiant.com/prod16.html

CanDo 02-22-2012 05:12 PM

[/quote]

Here is the set I have from Sierra, in my opinion they are the best retract system out there.

http://www.sierragiant.com/prod16.html

[/quote]

I'll second that opinion. I think I still have a set of Shindin retracts laying around here, the Sierra's are on my plane.

Ron101 03-03-2012 08:46 PM

Hey guys,
I really got the bronco itch after seeing the large bronco in the back of electric flight

I sent a few emails to Rich but have heard nothing.... I'd be happy with the 80" but man I would just love the 109"

Any Word on Progress with the large Bronco Rich??? is it going to happen?

if not with there ever be a batch of 80" arfs? if not the plastic for the kit??

Thanks so much and what a great design... got me really excited and I've been at this along time, take alot to get me fired up

Ron

warbird51 03-04-2012 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Ron101

Hey guys,
I really got the bronco itch after seeing the large bronco in the back of electric flight

I sent a few emails to Rich but have heard nothing.... I'd be happy with the 80'' but man I would just love the 109''

Any Word on Progress with the large Bronco Rich??? is it going to happen?

if not with there ever be a batch of 80'' arfs? if not the plastic for the kit??

Thanks so much and what a great design... got me really excited and I've been at this along time, take alot to get me fired up

Ron

Hey Ron,

I'm starting my 81" ARF Bronco on Monday along with Steve Woodward and Jim Utley. We are getting together for a build session at Steve's house in Danville. That's a total of 3 OV-10 arf's. We are modifying the wings to plug in outer panels.

Wayne

jbarnes 03-05-2012 06:45 AM

I'm not getting replies on my emails either. Doesn't look good for the future of the OV-10 when the trial goes cold to the supplier of plastics. You can get the plastic pieces in fiberglass at fiberglass specialties but we need someone to produce a canopy. Jerry.

Ron101 03-05-2012 07:44 AM

Hey Ron,

I'm starting my 81" ARF Bronco on Monday along with Steve Woodward and Jim Utley. We are getting together for a build session at Steve's house in Danville. That's a total of 3 OV-10 arf's. We are modifying the wings to plug in outer panels.

Wayne
Ha Ha!! Hey Wayne! you lucky dogs where did you score the ARF's? I can't wait to check them out.... going to be really fun to see the three of them at the field

I really want to build the large one, have you seen the videos of that thing with twin A-60's wow!! love it!! So we need to beg Rich to get these plans done for the big one!!
but I would be more than happy with the 80" which is not a small plane by any means. There has to be someone that can make the canopy and plastic?

Here the video of the big one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OaWdy22LrQ&list=FLZs_85GBgFakA1dJ1oKqyhA& feature=mh_lolz[/youtube]

video of the 80" looks like a great setup in this one:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR8J9YTwT7w&feature=autoplay&list=FLZs_85G BgFakA1dJ1oKqyhA&lf=mh_lolz&playnext=1[/youtube]

I was thinking two of the geared 1521 Nue motors in the large Bronco would be sweet!! they give off a nice turbo prop sound and could turn a large 3 blade with ease
I had one in my extra hitting 4200 watts with a 24x12 prop... it is a beast of a motor

aeroscale 03-05-2012 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry, guys, about the non-response to the e-mails and lack of participation here; I'll try to do better. Here's the scoop on the plastic parts for the 80" Bronco. As indicated on my web site (www.richuravitch.com), the supplier I had could no longer produce the parts and I have been on the quest for a new source. I have one set of molds out to a potential new supplier and am expecting the sample articles shortly. In any case, I do plan on continuing and do not intend to leave anyone who either has undertaken, or plans to undertake, the building of my Bronco, out in the cold. Since it isn't a full time thing with me, I sometimes get behind the power curve. Thanks for the patience and understanding.

Rich

Ron101 03-05-2012 12:20 PM

Thats great news Rich and I'm glad to hear your going to keep after it

Any insight on the potential release of the 109" (I think it was 109") I would love to build one as my next project which I will be ready for in about 6 months....
any hope of it being ready by then? or even next winter? Don't want to have my hopes up for nothing

Thanks so much for checking in!
Ron

AmishWarlord 03-05-2012 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's for the update Rich.

By the way I picked up your book years ago and have been reading it lately to learn some new tricks.

warbird51 03-06-2012 08:39 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Ron101

Hey Ron,

I'm starting my 81'' ARF Bronco on Monday along with Steve Woodward and Jim Utley. We are getting together for a build session at Steve's house in Danville. That's a total of 3 OV-10 arf's. We are modifying the wings to plug in outer panels.

Wayne
Ha Ha!! Hey Wayne! you lucky dogs where did you score the ARF's? I can't wait to check them out.... going to be really fun to see the three of them at the field.

Ron,

we bought ours about 4 years ago from Hobby Hangar and I'm just now getting around to building it. Mine will have Scorpion 4025-16"s on 10s for power. Jim and Steve has not procured their motors yet. Mine will be done by the Castle IMAA meet over Memorial Day weekend.

Ron101 03-06-2012 09:21 PM

Ron,

we bought ours about 4 years ago from Hobby Hangar and I'm just now getting around to building it. Mine will have Scorpion 4025-16"s on 10s for power. Jim and Steve has not procured their motors yet. Mine will be done by the Castle IMAA meet over Memorial Day weekend.

Cool Wayne,
I'll have to run out there and check them out. I should head out to Castle with you boys this year and drag some planes along.

I really want to build the 109" bronco, but I'm having a hard time getting any info from Rich..... pretty elusive to the question :D I'm taking it as a no

But I have lots of time I'm still in the middle of a build so I'll hang out and see what pans out

hope to see you guys soon
later bud
Ron

warbird51 03-06-2012 10:25 PM

Definatly come out to Castle. We have 3 spots reserved and we'll be camping there from thurs - sunday.

KMP had a 98" span arf out and I am seeing some for sale on Rcgroups and others. Do a search for KMP OV-10 and you will find the listings.

Cool Wayne,
I'll have to run out there and check them out. I should head out to Castle with you boys this year and drag some planes along.

I really want to build the 109'' bronco, but I'm having a hard time getting any info from Rich..... pretty elusive to the question :D I'm taking it as a no

But I have lots of time I'm still in the middle of a build so I'll hang out and see what pans out

hope to see you guys soon
later bud
Ron
[/quote]

warbird51 03-07-2012 08:51 AM

Hi Rich,

Do you happen to remember what iron on covering was used on the Hobby Hangar OV-10, 80 inch span ARF. I need to match the red. I thought it was Monokote, but I'm not sure.

Thanks, Wayne

ORIGINAL: aeroscale

Sorry, guys, about the non-response to the e-mails and lack of participation here; I'll try to do better. Here's the scoop on the plastic parts for the 80'' Bronco. As indicated on my web site (www.richuravitch.com), the supplier I had could no longer produce the parts and I have been on the quest for a new source. I have one set of molds out to a potential new supplier and am expecting the sample articles shortly. In any case, I do plan on continuing and do not intend to leave anyone who either has undertaken, or plans to undertake, the building of my Bronco, out in the cold. Since it isn't a full time thing with me, I sometimes get behind the power curve. Thanks for the patience and understanding.

Rich

aeroscale 03-07-2012 08:58 AM

I'm fairly certain it was Ultracoat or some derivative. My experience is that even with the same product from the same source, there can be significant variations in color from batch to batch.
Rich

Ron101 03-07-2012 10:46 AM

I really want to build the 109" bronco, but I'm having a hard time getting any info from Rich..... pretty elusive to the question
see what I mean :D

AmishWarlord 03-07-2012 11:51 AM

LOL.

Shy on the thanks for buying his book too. Most authors are happy when people buy their books.

I've found some good tricks in the book though.

gsmith6879 03-11-2012 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The new Uravitch Bronco is complete. All up weight without batteries is 19.5 pounds. Balanced with no added weight.

Power batteries will add 3-4 pounds depending on the cell count and capacity that I decide to use. I'll try to post some flight photos and video when the test flights are done.

aeroscale 03-11-2012 10:14 AM

Looking great, beautiful job! Looking forward to video and flight shots; good luck!

Rich

gsmith6879 03-11-2012 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: aeroscale

Looking great, beautiful job! Looking forward to video and flight shots; good luck!

Rich
Rich,

Thanks. If it flies like the first 2, I will be very pleased. The added scale details and profiles were fun but anytime you mess with a proven design like yours it gets a bit nerve racking. I do believe the electric power is the way to go on these Broncos.

Gaines

Ron101 03-11-2012 10:25 AM

really nice gaines! you are a true craftsmen
I love the scheme also

good luck with the maiden!

AmishWarlord 03-11-2012 12:05 PM

Looks great!