RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   OV-10 Bronco 81" (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/566432-ov-10-bronco-81-a.html)

aeroscale 06-19-2012 11:07 AM

RE: OV-10 Bronco 81

Gaines and the other folks,
I just got off the phone with Craig at Fiberglass Specialties. We had a discussion, the net result of which he decided that he was not planning to get involved for a variety of reasons. I saw his points and I hope he saw mine; we differed on some issues with him concluding that it probably would not be worth doing. If you have specific questions regarding his position, I'm afraid only he can provide answers. I will, however, say that I offered to send him my aluminum mold for the 80" canopy which he declined.
Sorry for all this unfortunate turn of events.

Rich

gsmith6879 06-19-2012 11:14 AM

Bad News!!! Craig just called me back and the offer is off the table. Shortly after I posted the fact that Craig would help us out by making the mold and pull some canopies, he got a call from Rich. Craig would not say much except that the call was very unpleasant. So unless Rich can fix this problem we are without a source for the canopies and I am done trying to help.

jbarnes 06-19-2012 11:31 AM

Gaines, thank you for all your efforts. This is my first and last plane from Rich. Jerry.

BadLemon 06-19-2012 11:37 AM

WOW! That is a pretty big disappointment! Wow...... I guess we can see what happen when we read between the lines...... What a let down for the other guys. Thanks Gaines for all your help! By the way did the guy that got the video of the Birddog crash happen to get some video of your Bronco? :D

gsmith6879 06-19-2012 11:45 AM

ORIGINAL: BadLemon

WOW! That is a pretty big disappointment! Wow...... I guess we can see what happen when we read between the lines...... What a let down for the other guys. Thanks Gaines for all your help! By the way did the guy that got the video of the Birddog crash happen to get some video of your Bronco? :D
No, I think after capturing the Bird Dog crash he rushed home to post it:D The guy that took the video a couple of weeks ago is still trying to get the time to upload it to Youtube. He has a problem with his internet service and can't get it to upload. He said he would come over to my place this weekend if he has to.

aeroscale 06-19-2012 12:20 PM

ORIGINAL: jbarnes

Gaines, thank you for all your efforts. This is my first and last plane from Rich. Jerry.
So, let me understand your reasoning, jbarnes; your decision is a result of exactly what?

Rich

jbarnes 06-19-2012 01:10 PM

I feel like from the time I first contacted you until this point there has been an issue of integrity. When I contacted Hobby Hanger last year about the short kit and contacted you about the plastic parts I got the same answer "any day now". This went on for many months while I worked on the model, gathered equipment and finally when to Fiberglass Specialties to get my nacelles, tips etc. I sent multiple emails to you which went unanswered or came back with a terse answer. Near as I can tell this issue with plastic parts has been ongoing for almost two years.

Now I sit with a complete model probably worth $1500 with no canopy. Gaines is nice enough to work out a solution which has seemed to evade you for two years and you pull the rug out from under him.

Either you intend to support your customer base or you don't. You can't keep telling us the check is in the mail. Jerry.

BadLemon 06-19-2012 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Jerry

I feel bad for you I really do with the rock and the hard spot your in. I don't know if this would help or not but I'm willing to give you a new broken canopy I have from an ARF kit. It is broken on both sides but I believe it is repairable. Here is some pic's let me know what you think, I know some think I should keep it because of this situation but I can't sit here and do nothing.

Doug

aeroscale 06-19-2012 02:53 PM

Now I sit with a complete model probably worth $1500 with no canopy. Gaines is nice enough to work out a solution which has seemed to evade you for two years and you pull the rug out from under him.

Either you intend to support your customer base or you don't. You can't keep telling us the check is in the mail. Jerry.

I would suggest you read my earlier post. How is it that I "pulled the rug out from under him"? I would have thought my offer to send the aluminum mold to Fiberglass Specialties would have at least provided the small number of canopies you folks required, at least allowing me to continue my search for a source for all my other plastic parts molding requirements. After that, modelers could decide whether or not they wanted to buy them from me. I would further suggest one additional point; collect and understand all the facts before you speak to an issue and challenge someone's, anyone's, integrity.
End of my input; have a happy thread.

Rich

TXAG96 06-19-2012 06:01 PM

Jerry,

I agree with you. I sent Rich an email several months ago regarding the Bronco parts. I never recieved a reply. I have no idea what transpired between Rich and Fiberglass specialties today, but do feel dissapointed myself as it seemed as if we had a solution for a brief moment. I can only imagine how you feel with a finished model.

Good luck on your search for a canopy. Glad I never went further than purchasing the plans.

Black Drape 06-19-2012 06:07 PM

Gaines

Thanks a lot. I am down for a canopy.

Ron

gsmith6879 06-19-2012 06:13 PM

Guys,

Don't give up yet. I may have a solution. No details yet. Just an idea but with the mess that has been going on here today, I will share when and if I am successful.

Gaines

BadLemon 06-19-2012 07:20 PM

Hi Gaines

I missed you post about getting video on your Bronco can wait to see it like the Electric motor setup do you. Watch out the AMPS get in your blood quick!:DMy 81"ARF is setting waiting for the new a electric motor setup at this time I'm out of funds. I put retracts in my 52" Electric Bronco and hoping to fly it this weekend but so far this Year has been very windy. Most days have been from 15 to 20MPH and the last few days have been from 20 to 30mph, I hope we get a break soon....

Black Drape 06-19-2012 08:02 PM

Hey Bad Lemon

I have the small Bronco also. I would really like to see how you put the retracts in and what ones you used. Any chance you could post some pics?

Thanks
Ron

aeroscale 06-19-2012 08:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These might help. Spring Airs, others similar.

aeroscale 06-19-2012 08:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sheet 2

BadLemon 06-19-2012 08:36 PM

Hi Ron

Rich beat me to it I installed mine the same way.

ORIGINAL: Black Drape

Hey Bad Lemon

I have the small Bronco also. I would really like to see how you put the retracts in and what ones you used. Any chance you could post some pics?

Thanks
Ron

Black Drape 06-19-2012 08:36 PM

Thanks Rich
I may have to give those a shot.

Ron

Twin_Flyer 06-20-2012 04:53 AM

Same here!

Mine is scratchbuilt from plans but would look better without the fixed gear.

Bill S.

Ron101 06-20-2012 06:54 AM

I keep looking in on the thread and have high hopes that Rich will find a supplier of his parts... and that this in turn will somehow lead to parts for his larger giant scale bronco when and if that time comes.

It's got to be hard, the economy is in the tank with much less people out there doing R/C, you have much less people building now a days with ARF's having the lion share of this small market...
you have an awesome odd ball plane like the bronco.... that just won't sell like a P-51 or 3D extra :D

From all I have seen from Rich's design the guy is master at what he does, so lets cut him some slack... he won't get rich from doing this that's for sure. It's a labor of love.....

I'm pulling for you Rich and will keep looking in on your site hoping to see plans and parts for that huge bronco someday and I will buy one when that time comes..... it's slated as my first scratch build

I also see Rich as one of those guys that doesn't like the internet and only comes here because he has too.....

aeroscale 06-20-2012 07:29 AM

Ron101,
Thank you, your support is very much appreciated.

Rich

Black Drape 06-21-2012 08:17 PM

Hey Rich

I think we all support you. We all know how well your models fly and how nice they look. We do know how frustrating it must be for you to have these nice models and not be able to sell them for lack of parts. It is also very frustrating for us as modelers who know how nice these models are and not be able to have one for ourselves. I do hope you won't give up on us who do still want to build your models. I have the plans, engines and most of the wood to start mine, and will wait till this mess gets straightened out to start it. In the mean time I will continue to fly my small Bronco.

Thanks
Ron

Prop_Washer2 06-21-2012 09:30 PM

I guess I am lucky, I have a NIB Rick Uravich 80" Bronco ARF, with the appropriate retracts he sold, and cockpit kit, new in the box collecting dust...

Twin_Flyer 06-22-2012 04:42 AM

Go ahead, rub salt in it for the rest of us who missed ! [:@]

:D

Bill S.

Ron101 06-22-2012 06:08 AM

Rich,
I was thinking of your problem today....
where does someone like Nick Ziroli get his canpoies and fiberglass from?? maybe you can contact them
is it worth getting in contact with a chinese arf company to get the cowls and canpoies made?

how about balsa usa, where do they get there canpoies and cowls... I would make some calls and see if someone in the industry can help