RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   "Nosen Cessna 310 Club" (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/8623774-%22nosen-cessna-310-club%22.html)

egemmill 01-09-2010 04:43 PM

RE: RE:

1 Attachment(s)
i am having trouble getting the pictures to post...i will try again later.

DelRay 01-10-2010 08:28 AM

Egemmill,
I well understand your feelings of not wanting to chance a "nasty" by flying it. It looks like yours is well built, and with good, reliable motors, well balanced, they fly like a big trainer.
Grandpa would surely be proud to see this beautiful creation in the air. Nice job done on bringing it to this mighty fine condition.;)

Definitely more pics please.;)
Jim

bdog1 01-10-2010 04:32 PM

Hi to All :I am thrilled to find this site !
I have a Nosen 310 that has been in my "to do list" since the mid 80's.
I picked it up at a local swap meet and was powered by webra speed 60's.
The original owner/builder use to take it to meets strapped on top of a stripped out pop up camper that he used to carry his R/C equiptment in.

The plane was in need of some TLC and I stripped off the original monoKote covering.
I found and repared broken and cracked ribs ,replaced bent wing rods,lightened and conturered {sanded} the fuse, and picked up a new set of cowls.

Life and curciumstances put the project on the back burner and the fuse has been hanging in the basement untill now.
After reading these posts I am looking forward to upgrading and finishing this restoration to have this bird in the air this spring .

Is everyone glassing their air frame, if so what are you glassing with ?
Also what size servos are the norm on this bird ?

donnyman 01-10-2010 04:55 PM

bdog1

got pictures??

Bill Diedrich 01-10-2010 05:51 PM

RE:

And we welcome another new member,

#38.....bdog1...........New York

As donny say let's see the pics, most of the guys that have built the all wood
version of the Nosen Cessna 310 have covered the plane with 1/2 oz glass cloth
and epoxy resin, squeeged down with a credit card and then surfaced with a "flow
coat" to fill the weave of the cloth.

Bill D.

BillyJ 01-11-2010 08:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
pull off all monokote and go back with 1/2 cloth and z-poxy with credit card ,,, much heavier , you will need more power!

egemmill 01-12-2010 12:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more photo's. As you can clearly see, we made some modifications to the trailing edges of each necelle, the rudder, the windows, the nose etc. The tip tanks and cowlings are fiberglass specialties.

frankeldan 01-12-2010 01:16 PM

clap , clap , clap.....

Those pics are very inspiring to me. What a nice job you did on this model.

Questions:

Did you glass the fuse?
3 part wing or did it end up as a 1 parter?
That is some nose gear.. Stock numbers?

Love the green scheme.

Dan

egemmill 01-12-2010 02:18 PM

1/2 oz glassed fuse

3 peice wing, However, if you have the ability to transport a 10' wing i would recommed going with the 1 peice for overall strangth and duribility

Century Jet retracts...IF YOU ARE INTERESTED I MAY BE SELLING THE RETRACTS.... let me know as these retracts are made specifically for the Nosen 310. (they are in absolutely perfect shape)

frankeldan 01-12-2010 04:17 PM

Thanks for the info.. Yes.. If you are going to sell them let me know first. Just PM me.

I'm about to buy the G&L fiberglass fuse for mine. My Balsa fuse has been kicking around in my garage for quite some time and needs some work to be flight trusted.
http://www.glhobbies.com/Cessna310/cessna.html

My wings are in 3 pieces right now but I hear ya on the flexing. I just might make it one piece. Don't know if I can hit that beast into my explorer though.. stick out the back window???</p>

Bill Diedrich 01-12-2010 10:43 PM

RE:

Very beautiful airplane egemmill, your Grandfather would be very proud
of the time and effort that you put into this project. I am very partial to
green and I can say that this a very attractive blend of color. Is the scheme
one you took from a full size 310 or your own style?

Bill D.

egemmill 01-14-2010 10:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The color scheme came from a photo that i found on the internet but i changed the colors just a bit.

AmishWarlord 01-16-2010 10:29 AM

The blacked out windows look really good I think I'll use that on mine. Maybe just make the front window and have the rest painted on a smooth fuselage.

egemmill 01-16-2010 12:54 PM

I used the amazon green left over from paintong the fuse... In the sun light the windows sparkle!. I was very close to installing a false front with pilot and partial cockpit.time and money got in the way!

egemmill 01-16-2010 12:56 PM

I used the amazon green left over from paintong the fuse... In the sun light the windows sparkle!. I was very close to installing a false front with pilot and partial cockpit.time and money got in the way!

egemmill 01-18-2010 04:26 PM

Dan, I've tried to PM you but i get a message that says your PM is disabled. Is there a way to get in touch with you regarding the retracts?
Thanks,
Eric

frankeldan 01-18-2010 05:11 PM

I just sent you a pm..

Dan

egemmill 01-18-2010 06:35 PM

Hi Dan, I replied back to your PM. Please forgive me...im still new to the PM,ing

ruthrocker 01-19-2010 09:14 PM

RE:

Hi 310 Club,

I'm trying to find a 4 foot wing span  Cessna 310, If anyone knows of a manufacturer could you let me know.

Thanks,
Dale

AmishWarlord 01-20-2010 12:29 AM

Have you seen this one Dale? I don't think any one has it in the US though.

http://huayu-hobby.en.alibaba.com/pr..._airplane.html

AmishWarlord 01-22-2010 08:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes! My Cessna 310 hat came in the mail today.

Bill Diedrich 01-22-2010 05:38 PM

Got mine a while back along with a tee shirt and I'm working
with them to do a golf shirt with the emblem on the front right
brest of the shirt for the Spring, will be doing a group special
order thing. Will keep all posted on cost.

Bill D.

DelRay 01-23-2010 08:02 AM

The hat looks great, I'd be interested in a t-shirt also. If these items were talked about before, I missed it.

Bill Diedrich 01-23-2010 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: DelRay

The hat looks great, I'd be interested in a t-shirt also. If these items were talked about before, I missed it.

I posted this link I think it was back around page 2 or 3: http://www.aviationhats.com/cessna-310-tsh.html
They have both the hats & T-shirts

Bill D.

handyman_alw_ 01-23-2010 05:24 PM

Hey Bill,

I guess i missed it to. are we doing a group order or to each there own?

Allen

Blame del-ray for the stupid questions he is rubbing off on me.
By the way del-ray have you got that 310 flying yet or are going to put it off for another year? remember your not getting any younger, and i know you have willed it to me.:D:):eek: