RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/)
-   -   "Nosen Cessna 310 Club" (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/twin-multi-engine-rc-aircraft-192/8623774-%22nosen-cessna-310-club%22.html)

handyman_alw_ 03-12-2012 03:20 PM

RE: RE:

Calvin01,

Thanks, i will try to have it listed this weekend.

Allen

Clavin01 03-17-2012 04:36 PM

Hello All
Guess it is time for an update. Just finished up the wings, Motors are mounted, Wired with both on -off switches and kill switches.
Servos are installed in Ailerons, Flaps, Throttles and kill switches all are programed into the Radio with throws set-up and
Flaps Slowed down. only thing left is to mount the props and spinners and landing gear. So now I can move this off the work spot and start on the Fuselage.
Only minor stuff to do there, fix 1 spot on nose, new top window and fix the Door. Install the front gear and on-off switch
going to try mounting it inside the cabin so fuse is clean. As soon as it is ready I will have Pics posted.
Cliff

Maiden next month.

Thisstrangeengine 03-18-2012 02:55 AM

Very Cool, can't wait to see some pics! I have mine on hold for now trying to get other stuff ready for flying season. Hope to get out today in fact. Yesterday was a real nice day, but I was running around with the family looking for a new car for the wife.
I decided to re-start work on my Morrisey Bravo which only needs a few more things done to it before it's maiden flight. I made a removeable tray for the fuel tank and have to seal the firewall, mount the engine and ignition system, kill switch etc. some painting and final assembly. Probably one more weekend worth of work, then back to the 310.

AmishWarlord 03-18-2012 05:46 AM

Nice, so how much cargo space will the wife's car have?

"Wow look at all this space honey, you could fit six planes, er I mean 60 shopping bags in here".

Thisstrangeengine 03-18-2012 06:39 AM

Well AW..... I have taken that into consideration since I now squeeze my stuff into one of these...Which actually has alot of room with the seats laid flat.
This is my reason for building a 3-piece wing BTW
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...letHHR-001.jpg

Clavin01 03-20-2012 03:34 PM

Hello Thisstrangeengine

Hey can you do me a favor, since you have full size Plans. What is the measurement for CG
I came up with 5 and 1/4 inchs back from Leading edge. Is this correct.
Let me know. Thanks Cliff

Thisstrangeengine 03-21-2012 04:48 AM

Hey Cliff, I just measured my plans, and the CG is 5 5/8 from the LE. Now these were more than likely reprints so maybe someone can jump in here and confirm before you go with that measurement.
This will be what I'll go with since mine is built from them, but if no one else here chimes in, 5 1/2 might be a good starting point? Hope this helps...

pappyd6 03-21-2012 12:06 PM

5 5/8" aft of the leading edgealso checks with an original set of plans.

Dave

Clavin01 03-21-2012 12:33 PM

Thanks Guys. I will start with 5 5/8"
Cliff

Clavin01 03-23-2012 03:15 PM

Hello All
Next Step, Does anyone Know the recommended control Throws for the 310?
She is almost ready for Maiden.
Cliff

Thisstrangeengine 03-23-2012 04:06 PM

Hey there Cliff, This is a direct word for word from the instruction page under Flying.
"Set aileron and rudder throws to max. Elevator travel should be 1 1/4" up and 1 1/4" down".
Dazzit...Daz all it sez my friend.;)

Clavin01 03-23-2012 05:10 PM

That will do it. Thank You. I have Cg now and the throws, Only thing left is a piece of Clear monocoat
for the top window and she is ready, All servos are in, Flap, Throttle and kill switches are already set
just need to do the Ele, Rudder and Ailerons. Which is easy. As soon as I get it assembled
I will take some Photos and Post.

Cliff

AmishWarlord 03-23-2012 10:35 PM

RE:

I'm thinking that when those throws were written they had a 120" 310 powered by .60 two strokes engines having a 50 MPH top speed in mind and not one powered by powerful gasoline engines. So be careful with those throws.

Besides we all know that you can't put a two stoke gasoline engines on an RC airplane. It's impossible and will never be done!

1 Gasoline engines are to heavy.
2 They make to much vibration and will tear your plane apart
3 They run to hot and will catch the plane on fire
4 The torque will rip out the firewall and a plane built to take all that torque will be to heavy to fly.
5 There would be so much radio interference from the ignition that you won't be able to control it 50 feet away. Why do you think they got rid of ignition engines and invented glow plug engines?
6 The fumes from the fuel tank would cause and explosion risk.
7 The plane will burst into flames and burn down the flying field if it ever crashed carrying all that gasoline in it.

So you see, no one in there right mind and concerned about the safety of other would ever put one of those "chainsaw" engines into an RC airplane.

Clavin01 03-24-2012 02:30 AM

Amish
Never said I was in my right Mind!
There is always a First for everything.

terry.mortimore 03-24-2012 05:10 AM

Fuselage bulkheads for the G&L's glass fuselage.

Hi gang: I'm thrashing to get the airframe of my 310 done for next weeks mall show. Did I read someone has the fuselage bulkheads available in PDF format?

If so, I sure would appreciate receiving them, save me some time.

thanks, Terry.

Clavin01 03-24-2012 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Terry
I have the file if you send me an e-Mail I will send it to you.
Will try to add it here too.
Sorry I though you were asking about the Firewall email me
Cliff01@msn dot com
Cliff

Clavin01 03-25-2012 01:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello All
Well she is ready for Maiden. See Pics will try to take it to the field next weekend to do final
Set-up and cg . Test run the motors Etc. Depending on the weather and wind as to maiden or not.
Thanks to all for the Help, and Bill thanks for starting this Forum. It has been a big Help.
Cliff

Thisstrangeengine 03-25-2012 06:04 PM

Awesome! Can't wait to hear how she flys. Do you plan on taking any video? I sure would like to see video of another Nosen 310 in the air. I've watched most of the ones on youtube several times and they keep me motivated, but one more would be great! Good Luck and Nice Work Cliff...

Clavin01 03-26-2012 01:30 AM

Yes There will be Video taken when she fly's.
I am amazed how light the Fuse is, I have not weighed it yet but will and post
those numbers. Will keep everyone informed.
Cliff

Thisstrangeengine 03-26-2012 01:31 AM

Sounds good, I'll be waiting

AmishWarlord 03-28-2012 09:02 AM

Wow. Century Jet went up alot on there prices. Nosen 310 gear are now $775.

http://centuryjet.com/product_info.php/products_id/118

Thisstrangeengine 03-28-2012 01:20 PM

Ouch! Just to clean up the bottom of the plane in flight?

AmishWarlord 03-28-2012 03:37 PM

They used to be $450.

I guess this is their way of competing with the Chinese.

"Hey China has retacs for $150 now".

"Oh yeah, well raise our prices up $300"!

AmishWarlord 03-28-2012 03:41 PM

RE:

Lets see I have three big planes that use retracts planed. Should I pay $4,000 on retracs or just buy a lathe and milling machine?

looks like it's becoming worth it to just roll your own.

bps 03-28-2012 03:47 PM

That is a lot more than I am willing to spend. I just do not see $750 worth of product there.