Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

A New Witch

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default A New Witch

Every year around Halloween I get to thinking how cool it would be to have something like "Wilga The Witch" from Flying Thingz, but Wilga is powered by a 60-size glow engine, which makes it noisey and limits it to being flown at a flying field.

I wanted something that looked more realistic (less comical) and that would be quiet and could be flown in public places - After all, what good is it to have something cool that no one could see?

Last August, I found myself with some spare time on my hands (which is rare for a product reviewer) so I decided to start doing some testing. I researched Rogolla wings, designed and built a few Prototypes, and did some flight testing.

After 3 prototypes, which tested various wing sizes, angles of attack, thrust lines, etcetera, it was time to add the witch's body. The 4th prototype flew well, but needed more control authority, so larger tail surfaces were added and I made her head turn to act as a forward rudder.

Here is the result. The next (hopefully final) version will be all black.

Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAsQ_3VW8n4[/youtube]
Old 10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
iron eagel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A New Witch

Very nice!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A New Witch

Nice!!!