Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Looking for help on a New Bright snowmobile

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Looking for help on a New Bright snowmobile

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Alec M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for help on a New Bright snowmobile

Hello, I am new to this site (and new to RC modifications) but my son and I came across two of the New Biright Ski Doos. He (we) have been having fun with them, but they are way to slow and do not steer well, as others on this site have noted. I see there is a ton of info about them on this site. Many of the mods on this site are more than what we would like to do. We would like to upgrade to a more powerful brush motor and ESC, better steering servo and a 7.2 battery. Does anyone have any pics of how they mounted everything and what parts/gears you used. I am looking to keep it fairly simple. It would be nice to have it go maybe 15 MPH. I have already replaced the broken ski spindles and shocks.
Also, mnkay, if you`re out there, you mentioned in an old thread that you sold a better motor that fit in the same motor casing. I may also be interested in those if you can still get them.

So, if anyone has any pics of simple mods that would be great. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:13 AM
TechyJoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for help on a New Bright snowmobile

You should be able to replace the existing motor with a standard 550 size motor and use the existing gear train/box. I would replace the motor with a Brushless and ESC @ 3300kv. or a 17 turn brushed.

You should also be able to find a thread where someone has previously done this - I have seen several while building out my conversion from electric to nitro.

Here are some pics I took during my conversion. replace the existing servo with a full size servo and mount like this:

You can use all other existing hardware which came stock.

note: I glued mine in place with epoxy and then zip tie wrapped it in place. Use washers around the holes both top and bottom.

replace this: With this:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85036.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1565393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37270.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1565394