Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Air Swimmers

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Air Swimmers

Anyone ever heard of air swimmers? Heres a page I've found. They have an rc flying shark and clown fish. I've read about them and watched the video online. Just wondering if anyone had ever used one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Air Swimmers

think they did some sort of tv commerical with a few not sure thou.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The LHS has(had) one. Neat concept but the controls need improvement. Anyway, it needs to be filled with pure helium , add the battery and go. There is a small gondola(receiver&battery) the rides on a track under the fish/shark. This changes the CG when you press up or down and forces it to climb or dive. All forward movement is made by the moving tail. The remote buttons are killers on your fingers. Would need a better remote of figure out a way to put it on a real transmitter.
    The swimmers do take to display hooks very well and this one was skewered the other day and needs to be patched.
    Fun if you have the room for it. Watch out for knock-offs....they are really cheap and just don't work.
    Brian Ray

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They started to sell them in the mall where i work. There selling them for 39.99 or 2 for 69.99. Just beware don't take it outside. We have very tall ceiling's in the mall and they have 3 stuck at the top.