Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Legit Pulling Truck

Call me crazy but I got this mad scientist idea in my head. I don't know if its even possible, but thats why I am here. Ive done alittle research and came up with I could. So heres my plan, Im looking to make a preatty realistic 4WD pulling truck. I want it to run on diesel, and I want it to have a turbo.

So lets start with the first part, running a rc engine on diesel. From what I researched is possible to run "diesel" ( more like a mix of fuels) in a nitro two stroke rc engine. From what I gathered is that it doesnt work very well, and takes alot of modifying (such as up compression and stronger internals). So a two stroke nitro engine is an option, but after a bit more research it seams that a four stroke engine would suite me better. The little that I found of four stroke diesel conversion is that it works much better.

Now the second obstacle, turbocharging the engine. Although it is possible to turbocharger a two stroke engine (its been done on larger scale) I read that the ports on these nitro engines do not allow for it to be possible. The exhaust port is higher then the intake so the charged air will not be able to compressed before exiting out the exhaust. The only thing that I can think of that would make it work is if the tuned pipe forces back he preasurized air into the combustion chamber. This is the second reason I would like a four stroke, is because it would elimiate this issue entirely. WIth that being said its only if I can find a turbo, or design one that would work.

So would it possible to make little coal roller. I think nothing would be more bad ass then having a hood stack just rolling out smoke like the big boys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Some have managed to turbocharge two-stroke RC car engines, but I've also been told that based on the geometry of the ports it does no good at all. You could do some research and possibly use the same turbocharger they used on your four-stroke engine (I also agree that if you are intent on doing this a four-stroke would be better). Here's a link to a youtube video of a turbo T-Maxx http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAJkCJg3qN8

Search every thing diesel!
    Larry K
    Sig Brotherhood # 1 Sig Kadet Brotherhood # 4 WACO Brotherhood #34 Cub Brotherhood 14