Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

8th or 6th scale classic british motorbike help please

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

8th or 6th scale classic british motorbike help please

Old 11-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Invicta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8th or 6th scale classic british motorbike help please

With a lot of help from various people here (mainly phmaximus) I have got my scratch built WWII Jeep up and running.

My next idea is a WWII BSA M20 Dispatch riders motorbike.

This is mainly so I can try my hand at working on details like engine/gearbox, etc.At this stage I am planning to add a suitably modified side car which could in theory drive the whole combination.
For example if I add an electric motor, etc and a single "hidden" wheel under the front it then becomes a 3 wheel car with a motorbike attached.

At the moment I am looking to build from scratch using a suitable 6th scale plastic model as a guide especially as the M20 had girder forks and a soft tail very similar to the Harley Davidsons and Indians of the time.

For the single piston engine it occurred to me that there might be a small "nitro" engine I could use even though I don't intend my bike engine to work?
The only moving parts I envisage on the bike are rotating wheels, and turning handlebars/front wheel.
If the suspension works that would be a bonus but not essential at this stage of my planning.

I wondered if anyone had done something similar or had any advice on this idea and what parts are available that might help me.

All contributions will be very much appreciated,

Bern

I've attached a photo of my Jeep. This is my first attempt at anything like this and I am very much still learning.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	226.8 KB
ID:	1940582  

Last edited by Invicta; 11-19-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: change to wording and photo