Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Twin rotor VTOL prgramming/setup questions for those in the know.

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Twin rotor VTOL prgramming/setup questions for those in the know.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 02:16 PM
Duane35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin rotor VTOL prgramming/setup questions for those in the know.

Hey, gang. Been a way from the forum a few years. Though still flying fixed wing craft, I'd like to dabble in twin rotor VTOL craft. Questions from a newbie here on the things.

Okay, where to begin? Questions and thoughts to follow.

-Can I use a fixed wing transmitter not intended for Heli programming? Six channel programmable transmitter that has all the fixed wing style craft programmed in, such as V-Tail, etc.

-Does one truly need to use gyros or a program board?
-Does yaw need to be controlled via thrust vectoring from the motors OR does yaw come from the motors tilting in the direction of intended yaw much like a heli?

Some ideas I have. Twin rotors, counter rotating (of course) inward, like the Gress VTOL. The motors/booms will be setup using V-Tail mixing configuration. My logic on this is that the right stick forward = both motors tilt forward; stick back = both motors back - let to right movement on left stick is yaw; left stick = throttle and left/right turns. Turning uses the servos that are assigned already to the forward and back motion on the eight stick. Ala V-Tail.

Last edited by Duane35; 11-22-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Duane35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C'mon guys! Seriously, I have been thinking this through... Setup V-Tail, then use a 3 axis gyro system. In theory it should work. So long as the gyro communicates properly with the layout of the V-Tail configuration upon the VTOL system layout. Hmm...