Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Creamsicle 1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool Creamsicle 1

What's Orange on the outside and White on the inside and comes on a stick; '' You ask ?. IT'S CREAMSICLE 1.
    A project I started in the winter of 2008. Since the 60s I have saved popsicle sticks ( they come in handy and the Ice cream is good too ! ) One day while sitting on the Throne , my wife ask ( in not one of her better moods ) " WHAT !! are you going to do with all these popsicle sticks, I'm getting tired of moving them and no I am not a comedian that's just the way it happened. After years of using the dinning table and beaning abused. This is the end results . Right now it's a almost ready to fly. And I'm still happily married , until my next project. I hope all the members of RC Universe enjoy and thank you for looking. Hank M

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	creamsicle1 ful view.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	360.0 KB 
ID:	1970763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	429.0 KB 
ID:	1970764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	creamsicle front 2.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	299.3 KB 
ID:	1970765

looks brilliant hank...
    waiting for a flight video...
    what else apart from ice cream sticks did you use to build it...?
    It takes dedication to make and
    spirit to fly...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thank you for the compliment, I also am looking forward to the first flight and maybe a second. I would like to see Creamsicle featured in one of the RC magazines. And after that I will probably put it up for sale on RC Universe market place. And if it does not sell, I will donate it to a RC museum. ( with out the electronics ) Everything on the plane is made from popsicle sticks except for the landing gear.. I kept the plans that I made and all the building pictures , but Creamsicle is one of a kind . So I don't think I will build another.

Hank M

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Well I'm back again and still working on Creamsicle, like any good modeler I just can't stop adding stuff and making changes. It now has wheel pants ( popsicle sticks of course ) But now I am down to covering the fuselage, last step before it fly's, it's been along time since I have covered anything and even then I used tissue paper and clear dope. Fiberglassing and covering with sheet balsa I understand and have done .but Iron on film is new to me. I have a roll of clear Coverite 21st Microlite film and all the tools I need to cover. I have read some articles on how to cover, but what I really need is a good video on how to cover a stick model. This will be my first attempt and I really don't want to mess this up. So does anyone know of a good video that is available. Thanks for your time. Hank