Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Creamsicle 1

Old 02-21-2014, 07:57 AM
Hank McCabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Creamsicle 1

What's Orange on the outside and White on the inside and comes on a stick; '' You ask ?. IT'S CREAMSICLE 1.
A project I started in the winter of 2008. Since the 60s I have saved popsicle sticks ( they come in handy and the Ice cream is good too ! ) One day while sitting on the Throne , my wife ask ( in not one of her better moods ) " WHAT !! are you going to do with all these popsicle sticks, I'm getting tired of moving them and no I am not a comedian that's just the way it happened. After years of using the dinning table and beaning abused. This is the end results . Right now it's a almost ready to fly. And I'm still happily married , until my next project. I hope all the members of RC Universe enjoy and thank you for looking. Hank M

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	creamsicle1 ful view.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	1970763   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	429.0 KB
ID:	1970764   Click image for larger version

Name:	creamsicle front 2.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	299.3 KB
ID:	1970765  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:40 AM
avikarcher

looks brilliant hank...
waiting for a flight video...
what else apart from ice cream sticks did you use to build it...?
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 AM
Hank McCabe

Thank you for the compliment, I also am looking forward to the first flight and maybe a second. I would like to see Creamsicle featured in one of the RC magazines. And after that I will probably put it up for sale on RC Universe market place. And if it does not sell, I will donate it to a RC museum. ( with out the electronics ) Everything on the plane is made from popsicle sticks except for the landing gear.. I kept the plans that I made and all the building pictures , but Creamsicle is one of a kind . So I don't think I will build another.

Hank M
Old 09-30-2014, 04:36 PM
Hank McCabe

Well I'm back again and still working on Creamsicle, like any good modeler I just can't stop adding stuff and making changes. It now has wheel pants ( popsicle sticks of course ) But now I am down to covering the fuselage, last step before it fly's, it's been along time since I have covered anything and even then I used tissue paper and clear dope. Fiberglassing and covering with sheet balsa I understand and have done .but Iron on film is new to me. I have a roll of clear Coverite 21st Microlite film and all the tools I need to cover. I have read some articles on how to cover, but what I really need is a good video on how to cover a stick model. This will be my first attempt and I really don't want to mess this up. So does anyone know of a good video that is available. Thanks for your time. Hank
Old 02-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Hank McCabe

Took it out to the field but did not fly my CG was way off. Brought it back home tore it down re positioned the battery ( moved forward )
and I took away some stuff and added some stuff. I will double check the CG this time and if it's right. I will cover the fuse and try for another flight. Enclosed is a picture of Creamsicle at the field, before I tore it back down.

Name:	IMG_0613 (350x263).jpg
Views:	85
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2070332  
Old 02-15-2015, 08:12 AM
Hank McCabe

Here are some pictures of the on going modifications , I dropped the batt. down to the underside of the fuselage
and moved it forward against the fire wall, it was a great improvement on the CG. But I added weigh again to the tail
with the construction of a batt. box and a access door. According to Eflite the motor i have installed is good for up to
6-7 lbs, so it looks like lead weights will be added to the nose.

Name:	IMG_0690.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	748.0 KB
ID:	2073370   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0691.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	847.8 KB
ID:	2073371   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0692.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	809.5 KB
ID:	2073372   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0693.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	894.7 KB
ID:	2073373   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0694.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	858.2 KB
ID:	2073374  
Old 02-20-2015, 07:39 PM
rednekk58

Don't add lead to the nose! Move the battery back!!
Old 02-21-2015, 07:02 AM
Hank McCabe

Hey Rednekk , Thanks for your suggestion. Did I mention that the plane is tail heavy