Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Here's my hovercraft. I need some tips though

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Here's my hovercraft. I need some tips though

Old 09-22-2017, 03:28 AM
Psychron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's my hovercraft. I need some tips though

Here's my hovercraft, even with the skirt on it'll take on water and on the pavement it just tears the bag to shreds in a second flat, so my next plan is to just run it with like a pool noodle for the "skirt" and let that soft foam absorb impacts with very little abrasion resulting in a long lasting hovercraft skirt that, while it still won't run on grass, runs like a dream on concrete or water. without the skirt I get about 1" of lift off the ground with this one. With the skirt, I get no lift other than what the bag provides. Debating a larger motor with more thrust for the "bag" but check it out.

Here's the closeup and water test. I had some trouble till I put the battery up front on the water.. on concrete the battery has to be centered. The bag, air exit hole was scooping up water otherwise. I tried without the skirt later when the tape cape loose and it floated off the water like a champ and whipped around. unfortunately the paper on the dollar tree foam board came loose and separated from the ring. Work in progress..next video will have a pool noodle skirt. I'm only going that route because I can't find anything out there regarding really abrasion resistant skirt material.

Moving on.. here's the close up and water test:

And here's the high speed bag attached travel up the street (which btw is about as fast as without the skirt. Videos on that later.

Old 09-25-2017, 08:07 PM
Psychron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts