Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Help Me Pick the Right Drone Motor for My Patented Invention!

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Help Me Pick the Right Drone Motor for My Patented Invention!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 07:22 PM
CBF America

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help Me Pick the Right Drone Motor for My Patented Invention!

Hello! I have recently received my patent for a unique, practical, and very effective personal cooling device I am calling the Cool body fan. I believe it would be best to utilize a drone propeller, motor, and battery, and have a variable speed knob as well. I am seeking references to exactly what parts may be best to use. The Constraints and attributes needed for the system are as follows:

---The propeller must be 6" to 7" in diameter.
---The more quiet the propeller is, the better.
---The more quiet the motor is, the better.
---Between the motor, propeller, and battery, I only need it to blow about as much air as the Ryobi fan (picture attached).
---I would like a run time of at-least 4 hours on one charge.

I wont bother breaking down the design of the Cool Body Fan, but these attributes should be enough to go by.
Please feel free to provide any input or references that may be helpful. Ideally I'd like to find a specific part on the market for each component that people have recommended me and buy these for my third prototype.

Also, is it possible to simply wire a knob between a drone motor and battery to act as a speed dial? Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you very much!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	205022215-pod3-copy-A.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2232781  
Old 09-23-2017, 03:24 AM
Psychron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that what the Ryobi fan is providing in the picture? 4 hours of run time like their led light?

If so you need to look at a bunch of different motors and calculate the load on the motor at high speed while also investigating the draw of the LED light. then you can check your draw while using the potentiometer and match it up.

Good luck with this one.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:32 PM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

What is patentable? Seems like what you describe is nothing more than simple engineering. And it seems like you need help with that.

I get so frustrated with our patent office - it's really gone downhill since Einstein left it 100 years ago.