Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

MonoModule: MonoThrust_MonoBase_DuoBase_TriBase_MonoWing

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

MonoModule: MonoThrust_MonoBase_DuoBase_TriBase_MonoWing

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 08:20 PM
UN.RCONT.OL

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MonoModule: MonoThrust_MonoBase_DuoBase_TriBase_MonoWing

This is my attempt to come up with a modular drone concept. The goal is to create a portable and versatile drone fleet that can fit in your backpack. The solution that I came up with is interchangeable parts. The 3 same fans will fit to and power 3 different bases and one of the bases will be able to be converted to a flying wing. I believe that the idea of interchangeable parts will save space and weight.

Someone who is working with drones in the field may need different units with different sizes, flight characteristics and technical properties, and I believe this may provide a solution.

The name of the concept is MonoModule.

Parts:

1- MonoThrust (prototype ready: 3 carbon fiber armored EDFs to power the 3 different bases)

2- MonoBase (prototype ready: base that operates with one fan – MonoPhan_indestructible)

3- DuoBase (to be built: base that operates with two fans - DuoPhan)

4- TriBase (prototype ready: base that operates with three fans - TriPhan)

5- MonoWing (to be built: DuoBase will be able to be converted in to a flying wing)

I see this as the first step of many that will shape this concept. I guess it will evolve as I go along and build new stuff. I made this amateur introductory video with the prototypes that I already built to present my idea. Anyone can share thoughts and ideas.

Thanks for watching.