Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Hovercraft Skirt - Help me PLEASE!

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Hovercraft Skirt - Help me PLEASE!

Old 02-22-2004, 07:27 AM
wossname

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hovercraft Skirt - Help me PLEASE!

I need help in designing the corner sections of the skirt of my hovercraft.

It is a rectangular hull 610mm x 460mm with rounded corners (radius 100mm). It takes 300mm of material to wrap around from the upper hull to the lower.

This means that I have already cut two 610x300mm and two 460x300mm sheets that make up the long and short sides respectively. I'm having immense difficulty with the corner shapes though. I'm using thin rubber sheet and will be stitching the sections together.

Can any one give me some advice on how to proceed?
Old 02-22-2004, 09:41 AM
hovercrafter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hovercraft Skirt - Help me PLEASE!

You might want to try a finger style skirt. Thats what I used on my full scale hovercraft. Instead of one long piece per side, you cut out smaller pieces and sew, then glue them together. This allows you to "gather" the fabric around curves and once inflated, it will fill out very nice. Just do a search on the net for "finger skirt hovercraft" and you should find some real good articles on it.
Good LUck
Hovercrafter