Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Is this Star wars hovercraft and WIG possible

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Is this Star wars hovercraft and WIG possible

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 02:41 PM
digitalboy91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this Star wars hovercraft and WIG possible

I have two questions.
I want to biuld a hovercraft and a WIG
I was playing on my xbox and I was playing star wars attack of the clones. Now I doubt anyone has played the game but might have seen the movie. You know the troop transport planes. The ones with the wings that look like an upside down V. Can that be biult as a WIG (wing in ground effect).

http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/starwarsclonewars

If you goto the pictures you will know all about what im talking about.

For my second question I also want to biuld a hovercraft. Now in those pictures is a picture of a hovercraft but not the one im looking for. So I will have to discribe it. So theirs three parts to it. The fusalage and to smaller fusalages to each side. So it kind looks like this |0| So with the smaller fusalages are were the fans will go. So there will be a total of 4 fans all to stabalize,turn and keep off the ground. I want to biuld it so it travels only on ground. So I will have quite a bit of servoes on it. So what I would also want to do is have it so the second fusalages can tilt inwards in order to "slide" to side to side.

Any flaws in the designs?
All help/commect ect is badly needed!
Old 05-26-2004, 07:47 PM
sparow89

Default RE: Is this Star wars hovercraft and WIG possible

I'm offended!! I have the game, but of course I am 14 so that would make scence. Don't know anything to help you. sorry, but being a star wars fan please send me a photo and updates to my mail. Thanks
Old 08-20-2004, 08:58 PM
SaMx

Default RE: Is this Star wars hovercraft and WIG possible

this forum looks dead but ill post anyway. the W.I.G. might work( i had a similar idea, but not based on the star wars design) the hovercraft probably wont, or would have to be incredibly complicated. hovercraft have a skirt around them that channel the air, so they can use less power and hover just of the surface. the skirtless design would esenntially be a helicopter, and probably an incrdibly unstable one at the. on a side not attack of the clones is an excellent game, even if the movie was not that great[]. by the way im 16, so far no one older has responded to this lol.