Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Forward speed of Junior Jumper Skydiver??

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Forward speed of Junior Jumper Skydiver??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 11:10 PM
rc_sportpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward speed of Junior Jumper Skydiver??

I lost my skydiver this past weekend. I inadvertently dropped it downwind and watched it drift away, far away. I want to find him because he also has a video camera imbedded in his helmet. Of course, I didn't power on the camera for this jump. Anyways, I'm looking for an estimation of the foward airspeed of the ram chute used for the junior jumper or any similar skydiver. I have the bearing, windspeed and descent time, so I believe I can pinpoint his location by adding the forward chute speed with the windspeed and multiply that by the descent time. It's been a while since I've had physics, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:18 AM
edge_pilot
My Feedback: (73)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Forward speed of Junior Jumper Skydiver??

Good luck on finding him. I used to chute rockets up and i lost several this same way. The forward speed of a chute almost always depends one so many variables that you can't say one certain speed. Mine as set up penitrate very well in 5mph. winds and will even fly in 10mph winds. But the chute size,weight of jumper, and drag have alot to play in forward speed. Look for the biggest tree around and its probably up there!!!