Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Snow CAT

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 10:08 PM
moab_crawler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow CAT

I want to build my own snow cat and where could i get the treadsor whatever is needed for them. I don't want to spend much and i don't want one of those kyosho ones. I have nothing against them i just want to build my own. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Jordan Krupp

Default RE: Snow CAT

Hi,
Im building a 1/4 scale Muskeg. This is twin tracked "skid-steer" vehicle built for use where a low ground pressure is required. It is a 1953 single seater much like a groomer.
I had a local belting company make the belts to the length, the chassis is all aluminum and I am going to use an 8th scale diff with large brake discs to steer it. Not sure what motor im going to use yet, but I want torque for sure.
The Kyosho is a simple design, find one and have a look at it and then figure out how you want to do your own. Decide the scale size you want and do some side view drawings and top view. Think about what materials to use for each part, it`s not that hard with a little brain power. The kyosho would be cooler if the size was doubled, Imagine ? !
Mine is over half done, the tracks are 68" in length and the machine is 39" in length. The Famous Bombardier "Muskeg"

I will have it one my website when I get it done.

Jordan www.rcsnowmobiles.com
Old 02-21-2006, 01:45 AM
grinder-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Snow CAT

Torque you say ? Try an RCV series eng. It has a 2:1 gear reduction. Cooling might be issue though. Keep us updated. I was thinking of doing a RC monster truck converted with Mattracks. www.mattracks.com

Grinder.