Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Offical Blizzard Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:56 AM
a j o e l v a r d y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offical Blizzard Thread

I am going to get a brand new EP blizzard and wanted to know what you thought of them

I will be green with headlights and tail lights

post your photos and setups of your here ! ! !

+ what do you think of faster motors in them has anyone tried

P.S - this is not only for EPs post your nitros here as well

I am going to but it from here [email protected]

if you know of a better place then tell me

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23619.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	457356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99415.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	457357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx60807.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	457358  
Old 05-07-2006, 07:58 PM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Offical Blizzard Thread

IF IT DOSENT FLY......WHY BOTHER!!!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 12:41 AM
a j o e l v a r d y

The world is not about flying...
...Its about FUN !

so shut it... OK
Old 05-08-2006, 07:04 AM
RC MANIAC119
My Feedback: (14)

IF IT DON'T FLY......IT CANNOT BE ANY FUN!!!!

NUFF SAID
Old 05-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Sweed

ORIGINAL: RC MANIAC119

IF IT DON'T FLY......IT CANNOT BE ANY FUN!!!!

NUFF SAID
I kinda agree. Either fly or fast enough to make your parents _ _ _ _ themselves. It's his money, if he doesn't know how to spend it, send it to me.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:12 AM
a j o e l v a r d y

well actually I do go fast no I go F****** Fast i put some seriously fast motors in cars and go at like 70 - 80 mph

but I dont do planes
Old 05-26-2006, 10:55 PM
NitroUser1780

Wow, you guys are great. I would love to have more of your opinions, not. I like it. However I have no use for it here in Texas with no snow but it would probably rock in the sand.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:05 AM
black beard

Imust say i do like the blizzard its not the first thing i would get if i had the money but if i won some money on the lottery i might treat myself to one.

There was a rather nice one earlier that had a snow shuvle at the front which might be worth a look at.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will find a lot of Blizzard info here:

http://z14.invisionfree.com/MakingTrax/index.php?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:55 PM
y7deluxe

I own three of these things, they are great. I live in Florida, so as you know, we don't have any snow. They do great in sugar sand turrain. Or just regular sand. The vehicle is light though, so you want the sand to be soft, just like dust or something close. Also, go with the nitro blizzard. You'd think the Electric would be better since it's a slow paced vehicle and whatnot, but the electric just doesn't perform near as well as the nitro one does. Hope this helps. Goodluck.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
Mouton

I recently bought a used one that I have only had the time to restore. Apart from fixing the muffler it's ready for a test drive. I look forward to winter and the snow. A snow plow is a "must build" and if time permits, why not? Say, does anobody have a photo of the snow groomer that was optional for the original Blizzard DX?

For those of you who think the Blizzard sucks because it is not as fast as an 1:8 IC track car. Don't get one! Why bother wining here about it?

I love the speed and power from my tuned FG MT for serious bashing but still appreciate the more technical driving I hope the Nitro Blizzard will provide.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:41 AM
Mouton

35 ball bearings and a complete reasembly later I took it out for a test drive. I run a 16 % nitromethane fuel and never thought I would ever say this:
The Kyosho GS-15R seems a bit too powerful...[X(]

The previous owner had swapped the GS-11X for the 15. Although I am well aware that the GS-15 is a weak engine but think it might bee too powerful for scale driving.

What engines do you other owners run in yours'? I am not interested in answers from those who use it for racing like bashing but for more scale like driving in the snow.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Lorduss

the stock .11 engine was about perfect for scale driving. very simple engine with one needle. i for the most part ran mine in 1st gear most the time. 2nd gear was useless for controlling it.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Mouton

I second that second gear is more or less useless. I do have one issue with the QRC-unit, though.

It reverses flawlessly but when putting in first gear forwards it often kicks right back into neutral. Sometimes while driving it slips back into to neutral again. I have checked the linkages and a few test runs sorted out most of the gearbox problems. Initially the idle was set way to high. I shifts gear alright, as well as reverses.

Maybe the plastic embedding the metal pin on the first gear is worn and thus a bit rounded so that the flywheel-type gear shifter sometimes slips?

Looking forward to first snow!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:33 AM
Mouton

Did a rebuild of the QRC-unit last weekend. It was the plastic that embedded the metal pin on the first gear that was worn down. A few drops of super glue and the Blizzard works like a charm. The only thing left is to build a snow plow for it. Now I really await the first snow...
Old 11-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Mouton

Speak of the Devil... It started to snow a few days back. I hope to have the time to test it out in its true element this weekend!
Old 01-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Mouton

Hm, not the most active thread on RCU.[sm=71_71.gif] Pity really since the Blizzard is great fun! I wish more people could discover how much fun they actually are.

In my last post I said I was going to take it out in the snow. It melted before I hade the time to do so. But not this time! It started to snow heavily yesterday and today I finally managed to test it out in the snow. Here is one picture of it:

It really need som form of fenders as it sprays snow all over the place.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
zjwhitrock

hi im new to this form and i was looking to get the blizzard but i need a few ?s anserd. is it a kit or rtr? if it is a kit what do you need to get it runing? where can i buy one? how much will it cost? Iv had a rc18b for a wile now and in wisconsin we just got about 2-3 feet of snow so most RCs are almost useless any help would be great.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:28 PM
Mouton

The Blizzard is really great to drive on loose snow although sharp high speed turns plant it in the snow (as centrifugal forces causes it to roll somewhat). If you only slow down before turning there is really no problem driving at all.

You could drive it all year around (on grass or sand). Keep in mind that its true element is the great white that belongs to winter. There is no suspension worth the name and any jumping that is followed by a landing on hard ground (not snow or supersoft sand) is likely to bend the chassis and/or brake the plastic pins that hold the torsion bars.

The GP comes as a kit to be built from scratch. The EP is 90 % factory assembled. If you can follow a well written manual the GP is not a problem to build, so do not let that put you off.

In addition to the Blizzard you need a two channel radio with two servos (GP/EP -if you plan on using its included Mechanical Speed Controler). Otherwise you would need one servo and one ESC if you go for the EP. Servos can be standard servos, there is no need for extra strong servos. Add fuel/glow driver (and preferably a fail safe) for the GP and a standard 7,2 V battery pack for the EP and you are good to go. Ball bearings is a good thing. Get one of the cheaper sets. The GP has 35 ball bearings, the EP should do with fewer.

Any Kyosho dealer can get one for you. There are ebayshops both in the US (and overseas) that offer both versions. Some charge 190 USD for the EP including shipping. Some charge 260 USD for the GP including shipping.

The regular EP/GP Blizzards have identical chassis to the newer Blizzard DF-300 EP/GP. The only difference is that the DF-300 has a more detailed body. More info/pics here:
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/specialtyvehicles/
Old 01-22-2007, 01:25 PM
zjwhitrock

thanks for the help. So the electric one is prebuilt but you need a esc and a radio. and the nitro one is a kit and needs servoes and radio. i kinda wish the electric one was a kit cuse i parents don't want a "ticking timebome" anywere nere the house so i guse im stuck with the electrtic one
Old 01-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Mouton

For beeing a glow fuel model the Nitro Blizzard is very quiet. Not only does it have the crappy but quiet muffler you see attached to the engine. It has a second muffler under the metal chassis. The exhaust is led thru the blizzard via a rubber tube and halfway thru there is a second muffler. All in all this makes for a very quiet model.

The GP is a 2 speed model with reverse (courtesy of the Kyosho QRC gearbox). As long as you pay attention when setting up the linkages it should not give you any headache.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:06 PM
zjwhitrock

see i know i could buld the kit(i wish i had a digatal camra so you could see some of my creations) but my parents are afraid il blow the house up[:@] if i could id get it. and where can i buy one i was looking on ebay and nowone has a eectric one for under 200
Old 01-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Mouton

Here is one from a shop: [link=http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-Blizzard-new-in-box-electric-bruiser-snow-cat_W0QQitemZ160075795196QQihZ006QQcategoryZ44026Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem]Python Hobbies[/link] That was the one I saw when I looked for quotes in my previous post.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:14 AM
WakeBoardnBash

ORIGINAL: ajoelvardy

I am going to get a brand new EP blizzard and wanted to know what you thought of them

I will be green with headlights and tail lights

post your photos and setups of your here ! ! !

+ what do you think of faster motors in them has anyone tried

P.S - this is not only for EPs post your nitros here as well

I am going to but it from here [email protected]

if you know of a better place then tell me

already got your headlights and tail lights figured out?

i can make ya a deal on some super bright leds

i've got blue,red and white

let me know if you would like me to make somethin up for you.

Sean
Old 01-30-2007, 03:22 AM
fun_machine

are these tracks metal or ruber?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.