Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rc power wheels

I just started my project on an old but working power wheels and turning it into my new rc vehicle I just though that it would be different, first keeping it stock then making it faster with a weed wacker gas motor
    if anyone has ever done this before (but I doubt it but you never know) let me know any help will be appreciated I have a few Ideas of what to use to get me started.
    Just something to mess with for fun that is all it is....[>:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: rc power wheels

Sounds like a cool project. I think that stock it would be pretty boring, but with a gas engine it'd be alot more fun. I'd skip the weedwacker engine and go with a chainsaw engine. Not only can you get a bigger engine, but you can keep the centrifugal clutch that comes with the chainsaw and you'd be able to have the engine running without the car moving. Good luck and post some pics.
    The mathematician sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. The engineer sees it as full with a Safety Factor of 2.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks I forgot that about the chain saw motor...
    Thanks again

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea, that idea sounds awesome...keep us posted
    Aero Ace Aces member no. 1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you considered using a concrete saw? They have gobs of torque, you can get them bigger than a chainsaw and they come with a centrifigal clutch..........and a belt drive that you can use to the axle (you cant use a chainsaw chain for drive). The only problem might be availability if your looking for a used one.
    Hittin\'\' easy street on mud tires

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the Ideas guys keep them comming I am still trying to get the parts I need or think I need to make it all work, but working all of the time and little time for a project I think this is going to be a slow process... So far I took the wheels off and srpayed them with rubberized undercoating so the tires don't just sit in one spot and spin...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My dad build me around 15 years ago a big foot power wheels using a futaba controller with manual speed controller, and he used a power window system for the steering with lots of relays, with the technology we have now and the powerfull servos I'm sure you can make this happend. My nephew has a dodge ram power wheel, I'm thinking on doing it R/C with a scooter gas engine that I have laying around in the garage , it haves a clutch. I will recomend rubberising the tires so you can get traction.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recommend using a Pocket bike motor which range from 3 hp to 15+ hp. All are centrifugal clutch driven and use a T25 chain. RPM's range from 12-14000 for air cooled and up to 18000 for Liquid cool. A cheap air cool motor is a couple hundred bucks but has enough power for what you want. Technically you could run your power wheels about 35+ mph with an air cooled motr with the right gearing. Also, you can limit RPM by clutch engagement for the inexperienced riders who are unfamiliar with the power.

With ant 2 stroke the power is determined by the pipe so locate it in a place away from you and you are off. The cool thing about PB motors, is there are a ton of upgrades. EG.. A Air cooled motor comes with a 14 m carb. You can upgrade to a 19mm carb, reeds and a bunch of other goodies to Increase power and RPM.

Here is a clip of me testing my built built bike and geared it for top speed. I have approximately 12hp in my 50cc slightly modded motor. I hit 69mph and could hit 71-72mph if I raised a couple of gears.

Click here to watch 69Mph

Click here to watch MOV00004-69

I was using a 19mm carb and now have a 21mm carb and is a monster. Have not taken out for a speed run but would be capable of almost 80mph. Plenty of power and last if you take care of them.

If you need any more info, PM me and I will do my best to guide you in the right direction.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

-make sure you find some new wheels and tires, I saw a video of a guy with a rc PW and it had the plastic wheels, couldnt transfer the power at all, ran horrible. Maybe some mini bike wheels or, go-cart wheels.......actually whatever those guys that do the off-road skate boards use, theyre pretty big and pneumatic. I could see a chain saw or weedwacker motor working, either would be fast considers how light those things are.

-You could try tweaking the motor first, I havent the foggiest motor whats in those, but maybe you can make it faster fairy east. They run 6v or 12v? you could go up in 6v increments. put a big heat sink on it, cumputer fan, water cooling whatever, or a new motor.

-Also wouldnt a gas engine blow apart the entire drivetrain on one of those, maybe I'm wrong. I imagine theyre geared down ridiculously.

-I could see the need for making a new axle, and reduction drive. Something like a go cart style. That would be sick just get a rear end off a go-cart. with engine, cut down the axles and add some reinforcing to the body. Man that would fly, a tiny go-cart with no driver......wooooohoooo!

-ramble, but various degrees of mods.......This is what happens when you stay up after taking an ambien.
    Cool idea though,

The Bone Crushing 10hp, 60mph barbie jeep, your 3 year old will love riding the dirt course and go nuts over the rock climbing challenge. Trust daddy
    Jet Villain IV (Graupner 29mm drive 700sc motor)
    v(8.0) coming soon
    Single 700sc powered Villain EX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

found some links
    http://www.cox-internet.com/drspiff/CARS/PW_jeep.htm
    http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/

now bed........I can say I met the senate majority leader tonite, why tell, because it's exciting.
    Jet Villain IV (Graupner 29mm drive 700sc motor)
    v(8.0) coming soon
    Single 700sc powered Villain EX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im also converting a powerwheels jeep to rc

im using an old futaba a.m radio

i just need to get new batteries for the radio, rx , and for the powerwheels

once i get my welder ill up the frame {stronger} and add an engine =]
    \"um...why is that lipo getting bigger?\" \"OH, SH-!\"
    ~BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM~ AHAA #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this is the one i have

exept mine is in way better condition

http://www.cox-internet.com/drspiff/CARS/PW_jeep.htm
    \"um...why is that lipo getting bigger?\" \"OH, SH-!\"
    ~BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM~ AHAA #2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

go to beatyourtruck.com, and look at their vids. There is two different guys with rc power wheels. One Is that new escalade P.W. With dual Mamba max motors but it has no traction and just spends out. I would also add shocks, otherwise you will beat the crap out of everything , just cause the fact that they are so stiff.
    Hello And welcome to America. \"Press #1 for English\"
    \"Press #2 to disconnect you until you can\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did and RC conversion and am coming up with all the parts needed to drive the kids.
    http://www.powerwheelsmod.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=3338