Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else Have One Of These?

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Anyone Else Have One Of These?

Old 09-17-2006, 10:17 PM
LI R/Cr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Else Have One Of These?

Hi All.. well here's my first post

I'm a Oddball R/C Gadget/Toy Collector and just picked up one of these on Amazon.

Despite the two panned product reviews I bought it cause I've never seen anything else like it and figured for 30 or so bucks it would make a neat static display model if it didn't perform as advertised.

Well.. I've unpacked it fed it some batteries and so far both servo motors work fine (noisy jackscrew mechanisms though- one for the nosewheel and the other for setting the sail)

BTW: I've got a stable full of R/C stuff ranging from a Thunder Tiger Victoria Racing Yacht to a NIKKO Airbullet Hovercraft not to mention all of the electric fixed and rotary wings birds (nothing exotic nor expensive)

Anywho, I'd appreciate any feedback on this puppy.. thanx!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Joe Ford
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Anyone Else Have One Of These?

Who manufactures it? Get it from an ebay store by any chance? If so, have a link? Let me know. Give us some performance results when you try her out!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM
LI R/Cr

Oops! Er.. yeah.. Sorry! it would help if I friggin ID'd the sucker! [sm=red_smile.gif]

Here tis: Science Tech Vectron LandSailor Force 10

Available at the following:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKGE0&P=ML ($21.99)

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-60102.html ($27.96)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=1200 ($27.99)

I'll post a followup ops eval when I find a suitable locale to test it out!
Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 AM
spinbotz

The only problem I had with a national geographic version of this land yacht, is that the front wheel doesn't respond fast enough. it's not a digital proportional system, and takes a while to turn either left or right. I figured out that it's a worm driven gear of sorts on a toothed ring with the nose wheel in the middle of that ring. To make it move faster, try taking out the stock motor gear setup, leave the wheel system in place, and then rig up a pull/pull servo *heavy duty* to it to allow for proportional, and more responsive steering. You will also have to change out the original rx with a hobby grade one and then figure out how to mount one other servo to run the main sail's boom, *there's a term for it, but I can't remember what it was* You basically zig zag back and forth to get around.