Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Mattracks help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:16 PM
rickster3057

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mattracks help!!!

Hey Cflight,is the box reference to my shed,LOL,
those hubs will really work ,beats the hell out of my servo arm and stronger,gonna def use them and cheap too,top idea,hehehehh creativity at its best.
nice one.
Rickster3057
Old 01-19-2008, 04:53 PM
cflight

No problem, when I read of your attachment idea it got me thinking, wait a minute these hubs I just got for a drive line are the ticket.
It can't get any easier, than to bounce ideas off one another. Just imagine how quick it will be for future track fans to create there own having a thread like this compiling links to viable resources.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:54 PM
rickster3057

Hi Cflight,
I totally agree, thats what these threads are for, if we hadnt bounced ideas off each other i would have come so far with my design,thanks man.
Its just too easy to get stuck in a rut and say,arh forget it and give up when all it takes is someone like minded to get the old brainpan going,heheheheh.
lets keep this thread going.
rickster3057
Old 02-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Dakota_2878

Hi Rickster and cflight

It's like they say if there is a need for it there is someone who will build it.

I know it's been awhile since anyones posted on this thread. Where you guys at with your design? I was thinking about addin some mattracks to my Tmaxx. I see that you two are prolly the closest to creating mattracks for Traxxas trucks. could be profitable for ya.

I'm very interested in what you guys have got going.

Have you finished building or testing it?

Dakota
Old 02-26-2008, 03:09 PM
rickster3057

Hi Dakota its rickster,
I dont know about cflight, i have been testing the track and shock setup of my design, i tested the system with a 7.2v buggy motor running a marinc esc and 12v battery at full throttle it handled the speed and tracks stayed on and tight the shocks worked really well , this is under no load or with the weight of a truck but the system is only a plastic mockup for testing so made of aluminium as its meant to be will be more than strong enough.
I am still looking at what tracks and drive sprockets to go for, my final updated design has one drive sprocket and two idler wheels with a twin shock absorbing system, the big deal is quick fixing it to the trucks, thanks to cflight i solved that bit after alot of head scratching LOL.
Rickster3057.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Dakota_2878

Could you post a pic of what it looks like?

ever since i read this posting it's had the gears in my head turning about how to Attach it to the T-maxx.

I seem to think the tracks are going to look like strings in comparison to the Truck or are your Tank tracks fairly Wide?

I dont know much about R/C just got into this hobby a year ago have 2 T-maxxes and a 4-Tec. like i said this thread got me thinking.

Heres my rides

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55531.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	891193  
Old 02-29-2008, 08:34 AM
rickster3057

Hi dakota, if you type heng long into google it shows the sprocket ,tracks and idler wheels i have decided to use.
the tracks are about an inch and 3/4 wide and the wheels are about an inch if not bigger, so the unit will be quit substantial if you look at the full size mattracks my conversion will look on the same scale.
The attaching of the system is really simple just take the wheel off ,a slip on hub that goes over the hex nut and then the truck wheel lock nut tightens it ,then the sprocket /track system slips over the hub and is secured with a grub screw. the hubs can then be made for all and any truck and the track sytem is simpler to manufacture.
Once I have tested the full unit i am thinking of manufacturing and selling them, depends on demand really. mine will be the first truck fitted a savage 25.

rickater.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:03 PM
rickster3057

Hey Dakota, heres the picture of my system and the hub i was talking about. this should explain it.Rickster3057
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80672.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	895608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw72075.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	895609