Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Art Attack

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:06 PM
Mr.Freeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Art Attack

whats the best setup for a nitro? If I run the track loose enough to not bind it walks off the the rear roolers, and if I tighten it the snow packs in between the track and the front drive.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23180.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	834492   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95476.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	834493   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80967.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	834494  
Old 12-28-2007, 02:00 PM
sdwess

Default RE: Art Attack

Putting one together myself right now. Finding out that not all the big block nitros fit under the hood. I have a .21 HPI in the shop, but the head is too tall.

Any recommendations out there for a motor? I think they are using an Ofna .21 Force....by looking at the box.

Thanks

Scott
Old 01-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update ? This one looks cool
Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
NeoGenesis
My Feedback: (27)

I'm building one right now....but thinking about going electric instead of Nitro.

Neo
Old 01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
slow damage

On artattacks web site they have a gearless track that is supposed to minimize the collection of snow to the front drive. I just bought one off ebay and found the requir alot of mods to make them more than a little kids toy. So far I have upgraded the clutch assy to a savage set up, made the front suspension wider, swapped out the gas tank, installing the gearless track, and new rear suspention, finally regroved and studded the belt. It is not all together yet, but will keep you posted.

Scott, the engine is the ofna .21. If your head is to tall, then just cut a hole in the hood so it sticks out a little. It might look cool..
Old 01-09-2008, 05:57 AM
mac.fee

hi guys,

iĀ“m happy to see every winter the theme artattack is coming back and everybody is making up his mind,
how to improve that expensive, bad copy of an old good running atomic rc-sled from the 80th...

i havenĀ“t seen any vid of an artattack, wich is running only 50% of speed on snow, like the old original did!

look that video, so you know what i mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UPt4_VFDTI

lucky guys, who have an old sled of these...
Old 01-09-2008, 07:38 AM
motorbikemikexb9

ORIGINAL: Mr.Freeze

whats the best setup for a nitro? If I run the track loose enough to not bind it walks off the the rear roolers, and if I tighten it the snow packs in between the track and the front drive.
I've been running Artattacks for several years now and I have found If you have problems with packing snow; spray WD40 on the inside of the track. This will prevent the snow from sticking to the inside of the belt. Run loose or tight... snow packing has always been a problem.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:44 PM
paleface

Motorbikemike.............are you the same guy,on another site, that was looking for a long track for the Artattack?? and what ever happened to that???
Old 01-23-2008, 02:22 PM
reaperofsoulz

cool vids guys....if it even snows along california coast i'd build one of those in a sec [8D]
Old 01-29-2009, 08:46 PM
nickyszoe

anybody got a pic of the artattack with that rear suspension on it that they sell for 139.00 . i just would like to see what it looks like on the sled . thanks!