Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Videos Of My Modified Hobby Wheel Loader

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Videos Of My Modified Hobby Wheel Loader

Old 06-22-2008, 04:24 PM
andrewdineen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Videos Of My Modified Hobby Wheel Loader

Here we have some videos of my Custom Built Radio Controlled Wheel Loader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtp5ODCOT6o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Q4dXYFFuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neJavPdm7Ts

Here we have my Custom Built Radio Controlled Wheel Loader.
My Wheel Loader Machines start life as a normal RC Construction or Hobby Radio Controlled Wheel Loaders and end up as something very special.
As you probably already know the other full function Radio Control Machines like the Wedico are extremely expensive. In excess of £2000. So I have set about building a good quality lower price alternative. Here is the result
This machine has gone through a huge make over and has had all its original electronics removed.
Once the original is stripped down from its original parts the first thing is to rewire the motor gearboxes, as the original wire is so thin its almost useless.
To make this machine move like a real one I have used 4 Digital Micro Full Function Speed Controllers so you can control the speed and movement of the machine giving movement similar to real hydraulics.
When you first get these models they all have a movement missing, with this model the bucket does not have its own movement so I Custom built a gearbox and actuator so the Bucket tips and moves on its own.
Now we have all the movements working, as they should I install a Futaba 6 Channel Radio System. I use the 2.4GHz system, which is perfect for this application with no interference and no swapping of crystals especially when you have more than one or other similar models.
The next thing is to fit all the working lights; Both Front and Rear Including a Flashing Beacon on the roof as all machines you see today have a Beacon somewhere. Once all the Lights are working I fit a special Radio Control Switches so you can switch the Lights and Sounds on and off from the Handset.
The next step is to make the machine sound like a working machine so I custom build a Diesel Sound Generator and Reversing Beeper. The Engine Starts from the Handset and the revs change with the movement of the machine. When you go into reverse the reversing beeper cuts in and when the machine is stationary the Engine ticks over just like the real thing.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
jaketrouble

Default RE: Videos Of My Modified Hobby Wheel Loader

personally i think they are cool.. i kep waiting for the truck to pull away once the loader filled it up:}:} the sound is so real too.. great job on all of them.. i would like owning something like that and i am in my 40's..

i accept gifts:}:}:} jake
Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Kitsune
My Feedback: (7)

That's really cool! Something different from the usual people posting stuff like, "look at my new truck with lots of aluminum I just bought and bolted on, and blah blah blah..."

Much more interesting to see custom built stuff like that. You should submit a picture of it to a RC car magazine.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:17 PM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

haha that is pretty cool man. nice work.