Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

3 Planes in a delta formation

I have three planes I have glued together in a delta formation. All three are flying wings. ALl 3 have the same radio gear; elevons and throttle. All 3 are elctric. Does anyone have any thoughts on how i should set them up? Right now, I am thinking of the forward, single plane having only a motor, and the two aft ones having the elevons. But i am wondering if this would work, or should I just have the forward plane with elevons and the two aft ones with just throttles?
    Anyone with experience in this?
    I like unique, and really would like for this to work.
    Thanks in Advance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 3 Planes in a delta formation

You think the WRIGHT BROTHERS asked similar questions on forums wheather their idea that no one else had tried would work? There is only one way to find out.

But my oppinion is the first idea stated. But don't take it from me. I can't keep my plane in one peice.
    Creator of......Project Hard-CORR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yah the first one should work, how are they conected, because if the bonds are not strong enough they will all crash. you should wire it just like a regular plane dont have more gear than you need just us eztensions if you need to. extra stuff will only be more things to go wrong.
    Im a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ken Willard had a formation plane with 4 planes in a diamond formation. Usually painted in Blue angels or t birds. Front plane had the engine, left plane with the left aileron, right ...