Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

R/C paintball tank!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

R/C paintball tank!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:36 PM
fly boy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R/C paintball tank!!!!!!!!!

I want to build an R/C paintball tank, I have a old people tranportation unit ( forgot what is called, its a different brand than hoveround) you understand where Im coming from, its about 11:30 pm and I will look at what brand tomorrow, I need to know what electronics I need, servo, batt, ESC, radio, etc, I'm a glow pilot with one trainer so I don't know a whole lot of electronic stuff ( yet), In the furture, I would like it make it amphibious, that would be cool, I really want to play paintball with this, and one more question, I never can find the answer to this, How do I make the turrent move 360 degrees and still have power to servos, etc
Old 01-08-2010, 07:43 PM
3DSAVAGE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/C paintball tank!!!!!!!!!

Well, it'll need to be electric for stealth. As for electronics, get ones big enough to torque around a gun and hold up to the watts that will run through it. I can make a 360 turret while still having a single reciever. The only catch is that it can turn 360 only once, then it has to start turning the other way(to prevent ripping a cord out). Basically, all your electronics(except the motor) would be INSIDE the 360 turning part of the turret. The motor wires would go through the floor of the turning part in the center of the floor(that way the cord will just twist around as opposed to moving on the perimeter of the turning part of the turret). The way the turret itself will rotate is by having a large gear around the perimeter of the turret and linking another motor with a pinion attached to it to the large outer gear of the turret.(like this-> oO basically). And all you have to do after that is connect all the electronics up and go to town and you will have a rotating turret equipped tank. As for making a system for holding the gun, good luck, try modding a PVC gun stand
Old 01-08-2010, 08:20 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: R/C paintball tank!!!!!!!!!

Getting power to the turret is all in the design of the turret,turret bearing,  and its mount.
Basicly theres a tube running up the middle of the turret bearings, any wires can go into this tube and connect the turret to the chassis, electrically.
Not sure if it helps or if its what u mean.