Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

mccoy invader restoration

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

mccoy invader restoration

Old 11-12-2008, 02:00 AM
walshyfz86
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mccoy invader restoration

I had this sitting around for a wile. i finally got off my arse and got to fixing it. So far its all going smooth. its all cleaned up and all engine components are moving freely now. I just need to clean up the sleeve a little bit more. I still need to find a gastank for this. But i might put a non stock one in there. Just want to see if shel run one more time. Any comments welcomed.

Was thinking also on having the bottom and body Powdercoated. Black and red or something basic. Any ideas?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:56 AM
slowstang88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: mccoy invader restoration

i will tell you like anybody else here first, your pics need to be resized.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:45 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Fun project. Unless you plan to keep it or make it a shelf gueen for yourself, I would not powder coat OR paint. You will decrease any value it has as far as collectability.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:54 AM
walshyfz86

Well im almost finished with it for the most part. Im going to take your advice and not paint or anything Heres a look at how she looks now. Going to get more bolts for everything so its together 100% and not like you see in the pictures so please forgive me

Anyone have any info on starting them? i no they got started by turning rear wheels. But what did they use for a plug? glow or a sort of spark? what kind of gas? How to prime it Ect...

Plus there seems to be a cover over the rear at a time. i cant find much on it. If anyone has ever ran these or no anything about them please post!.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:21 AM
nomobux
My Feedback: (4)

Looks to be a Tether car ?? You didn't mention that ! How about some full picks and definately do not paint anything until you at least see what you have there. Any idea as to the year ? Very KQQL. You should be able to google tether cars and come up with alot of info. Keep us posted. The GOODGUYS hotrod org has races at a few events. I've seen a few go 100 or so mph. They set the car ( tethered to the pole ) on the track and push them with a pole to start. It's a pretty exclusive group and they take it very seriously. There are a few selling repop kits. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:29 PM
walshyfz86

well i want to say its a 1947ish year. dont no for sure though.

I found this picture on ebay . Thats the carb that has that tube coming out. And there looks to be piece sticking out of the gastank into the intake. not sure what that would do tho?