Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

RC Hovercraft build

ok so i have losts of spare electic airplane parts and hover craft are just soo cool. ive tried before but have failed []
    so i come to the experts
    basiclly it would be small maybe 15x5 inches, two electric motors, one with a fan pointing down, i want a bag type skirt, either one with the wholes in it, or one that has no outlet and is fed by small channels the open near the fan outlet, while the rest of the air is pushed down to the center with the inflated bag surrounding it. if that makes any sense?
    i used a thick plastic material last time that worked really well, so ill use that again. The base of the craft was plastic which seemed to work well.
    and finally i have a rc car motor that i would use to propel the craft for and aft, i have a three blade prop which i can mount to it, and it would also have ofrward and reverse (really cool)\
    and lastly a servo stolen from a car to opperated to rudders mounted behind the fan unit.
    fairly simple it may seem
    but it is hard work!
    any info on how to make easy skirts would be awsome.
    i can handle everything else easily
    i just want the skirt to handle everything tile, brick, dirt, grass, water, gravel and such but to also be easy enough to make a new one if needed. if i can i will post a picture of what i already have,
    Fly it like you have another one to pull out of the car

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC Hovercraft build

IT nice to see someone haveing a go with hovercraft size may be a bit of an issue though as bigger is better wiht hovercraft the smallets craft i have got is 600mm long and the largest on is aboiut 4 foot long everyone sturggles with the skirt so you may find this info useful http://www.rc-hovercraft.co.uk/infoframes.html and click on skirt calculator with regards to performance your craft will run on tiles no problem it will only run a very short grass probably not bricks and water should not be a problem the above link will show you how to make a bag skirt what sort of skirt were you after

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just put pics of mine up...I haven't yet mastered the skirt part of it but I'm going to keep trying to find something that I can drive on water. My thread is a couple up from here

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Check out mines. Its not a scratch kit but it may give u some ideas on how you can build yours... Let me know if you have any questions...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ur52247.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	1149072   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj28136.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	1149073   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw59066.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	1149074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rl25014.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1149075   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zl70137.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	1149076  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cs15635.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	1149077   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ce69010.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	1149078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dc97753.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	1149079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz48403.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	1149080  
    Flying is a Passion not a sport...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just built one from scratch andi need a skirt first and foremost and some sort of watertight shell (i plan on using it on water) any advice?
    Magic smoke is what makes all things go, let it out and...well...yeah