Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Micro VTOL

Old 05-29-2009, 02:47 AM
aforadi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro VTOL

Hello everyone (my first post )(My first RC deivice also!!)

I am building a micro VTOL with a single rotor. In order to use only a single propeller I am using the wake sucked in to produce the anti torque. I have attached a rough design diagram. Total weight I am aiming for is 300-500g. The material of the frame is aluminum. The motor is also mounted using 5 mm aluminum pipes(plan to weld them). The motor I am planning to use is

http://cgi.ebay.in/RCFORALL-BRUSHLESS-MOTOR-A-2212-13-10T-COMBO_W0QQitemZ110292283917QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_203?hash=item19adeeb20d&_trksid=p4634 .c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A30

Now below the rotor are balsa wood vanes (at a particular angle ) which should stabilize the system by using the wake sucked in by the propeller. It isn't connected to any motor.
Initially we are looking for just a stable take off and then we would look to improve upon it. The propeller at the top should provide the necessary thrust and while landing the bottom vanes should provide the necessary stability(no use of gyro)

Since I am really new to this and this is my first experience of such kind. I have loads of doubts.

1. Am I using the right motor?
2. How do I decide on the propeller to be used?
3. How do I know the thrust being generated at particular speed for the propeller?
4. Could someone please explain as to why a torque act on the fuselage of a helicopter when the main rotor works in a helicopter and how we are balancing it in a coaxial helicopter?
5. How do I decide which battery to use
6. How does one use a reciever?

Any other help besides this will also be appreciated.

Thanks
Aditya
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93762.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1208145   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62436.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	1208146  
Old 06-02-2009, 01:07 AM