Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Unusual R/C
Reload this Page >

Does anybody know what this is?

Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

Does anybody know what this is?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:02 PM
celliottuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know what this is?

I'm a private pilot as well as a model heli flyer based in the UK.
As I spend a lot of time one way or another looking at the sky, a buddy of mine sent me this photo for identification. He claims it was hovering at about 100 feet. I can't identify it, anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34125.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	1301654  
Old 10-25-2009, 10:56 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Does anybody know what this is?

I couldn't tell by zooming in on the pic, but you can make almost any shape foamie fly ! There are gonna be ALOT of ufo sightings ahead with the tech we have now. If its photoshopped it sorta looks like someone cut the cowl off of an airplane and pointed it up ...no way to no. I will tell you that one day I was flying a pizzabox foamie in a clearing behind some trees. Some workers driving by looking for a job sight,walked way out there to see what kept coming up in the sky. One guy laughed when he saw the foam brand of my airplane was something he used all the time at work...
Old 11-07-2009, 04:28 PM
The1 2 thrust

ORIGINAL: celliottuk

I'm a private pilot as well as a model heli flyer based in the UK.
As I spend a lot of time one way or another looking at the sky, a buddy of mine sent me this photo for identification. He claims it was hovering at about 100 feet. I can't identify it, anybody got any ideas?

Thanks
Yep !

There are two flying things in your pic........ a bird-like shaped thing near the street lamp, ( That one, i dont have a clue about what it is) ... and another object, smaller and higher in the sky and have a "+" shape.

If it was hoovering..... it could be a Quadcopter. It's heli-like flying without all the complicated mecanicals........only 4 brushless motors with 4 propellers on it, and it flies great. The onboard electronics is taking care of stability.

I have a UAVP ( Universal Aerial Video Platform ) and a MK ( MikroKopter)...... both with photo-video capabilities and GPS / position-hold / return-to-launch.

Sorry ! NO Ufo there.

Go see my blog, there are aerial photos at http://photo-video.over-blog.com/albums.html.....a part of the photos were taken with the MK. There are aerial videos too

Cheers.

Alain.

http://photo-video.over-blog.com/
Old 11-07-2009, 07:18 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Thats not a light pole, that IS a UFO !

How does the saying go? "I want to believe !" hahahah
Old 11-08-2009, 03:53 AM
celliottuk

Hi, the shot was taken 20 miles from Heathrow airport, so the "cross" high up is almost certainly a commercial plane. It's the thing lower down that no one seems to be able to identify.
Anybody else got any ideas?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It almost looks like an ultralight that's just gone into a climb.

Bob