Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Snowmobile Track Help

ok so Ihave read through almost every snowmobile thread and finaly decided to sign up, Ihave 2, one is stock one is in the middle of modding, so far have a servo up front for steering and a plain jade 550 can motor (Ithink it was the one that came stock on my F350 Hi-Lift)
    No wthe problem Iam having is Isee people make new runner fo rthe track but Idon't see how they get the old wheels off to re use them, lokos like it is press fit on this model maybe Ican't reuse them. Sorry it's crappy cell phone pics, my camera batteries died.

It's the Polaris XC if anyone has worked on it

Zip ties are my friend for the motor and servo hehe

Iam trying to build a track and suspension system like ridgewalker has in their thread www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8206222/tm.htm

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd92416.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	1335434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id97323.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	1335435  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Snowmobile Track Help

you can either take a vise grips and pull them off or you can cut them off. its alot easier to cut them then to pull them off

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ahh the jigsaw through the axle of it worked wonders, to start Ijust moved teh wheel back and wow the speed is great now if only Ihad more snow so Icould actually steer it instead of a straight line down my road lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bring it over....we have a few foot of it now.
    Everything electronic runs on smoke.....if you let your smoke out, it\'\'s dead!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LoL "Reason for crossing the border sir" "Iwanna play in your snow, we have none"
    Wel Ifound an open school field last night all the foot prints made it hard to get a real test, but the basketball court had about 1"of snow on it so it was a little bit of a test... Ineed more speed, Iwill never be happy hehe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok neighbors yard doesn't have a house built yet so there is a nice open white field, only some rivits and bunny tracks to contend with

Though Ithink Iam starting to strip my gears Ihear a nice grinding noise, Ineed to try and find a belt drive system that Ihave seen people with. My motor is only held in place with hot glue and zip ties, Anyone know of a good place to order a belt drive assembly from? or what car to get the part from that would be good to order from a LHS?

Here is a short vid, sorry it's crappy cell phone quality and held in one hand while driving with the other. This is at about half battery it's 7 cells of 3300 http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...12-09_1549.flv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EvilSage
    have a look at my new post this might help you out a bit with your track problem.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9377006/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

wow that is a great thread, Igotta find me a new bright sled instead of this small one lol