Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

RC Fire Rescue?

Old 01-11-2010, 09:38 PM
granitedude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Fire Rescue?

Last Summer I attended a "RC Jet Weekend" held for the last 3 years at a local private airport near my home in Central Pa. During the show, one of the jets got out of control and crashed into a corn field that sits adjacent to the airport's paved runway. It literally crashed and burned and I knew at least one guy would be at home in his shop the night crying over his rather expensive misfortune. After seeing the whole scenario unravel in front of a decent sized crowd of entusiasts and hobbists/day dreamers. After seeing the crash, I couldn't help wondering if someone out there in "RC World", had ever built a fully operational, scale, fire rescue vehicle or any other RC based, airport support vehicles. If anyone out there knows of any firetrucks or other rescue vehicles that might be purchased complete, (RTR) or built by modifying some current RC products, to use in the "real life" RC scale modeling market, primarily at airplane and jet enthusist meets, I would certainly like to see if anyone else might have done that before. If so, either please help me with any leads or photos you might have, or feel free to get into a deeper discussuion thru this thread. I know it would be unique and it sure would have made the jet crash we all wittnessed a little more interesting, and the owner's loss would have served a bit more of a purpose, to entertain the spectators and turn it into a spectical for the RC fans in attendance. It might even justify staging a planned crash and fire rescue demonstration. I can only imagine if the jet had crashed and a small team of airport support vehicles had rushed down the runway to be on site and at least put out the fire, if not more.

So, let me know if you have any helpful info or photos, and please take the time to help me brainstorm the idea.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
Deathwish
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: RC Fire Rescue?

fire truck http://www.amazon.com/Radio-Control-.../dp/B000RH76SA
Old 01-12-2010, 05:10 PM
ScottMcM
My Feedback: (66)

Default RE: RC Fire Rescue?