Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC motor gear

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and I am currently working on a custom RC car. Its going to utilize thchasesand internals and front wheels. The only thing i'm really changing is the shell of the vehicle and its driving system. I'm going to use ahub-lessbearing type design and directly attach the motor to the bearing via pulley and belt. Here is a photo to help clear what i'm talking about

My question is what is the best way to get that bronze gear off of the electric motor? Its a Niko RC car if that helps.
    Thanks guys

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC motor gear

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get this stock "pressed on" pinion gear off. If you have a torch, you can try heating it up and pulling it off (in theory, it is brass and should expand faster then the steel shaft).

I typically just get a new motor and by a pinion to match the existing one and use that. New pinions have a set screw which attaches to the motor shaft.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Curious, what CAD software are you using?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

^ I am using solidworks. I'm wondering if the motor in the vehicle I rated it to have 2.6W I am wondering if it would spin the 0.88lbbearingusing the gearbox and existingaxleof thevehicle. Guess Ill have to do some calculations.