Notices
Unusual R/C Discuss Airships, Blimps, LTA, VTOL, Ground Effect Vehicles, Hovercaft and more.

RC motor gear

Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Trike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC motor gear

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forums and I am currently working on a custom RC car. Its going to utilize thchasesand internals and front wheels. The only thing i'm really changing is the shell of the vehicle and its driving system. I'm going to use ahub-lessbearing type design and directly attach the motor to the bearing via pulley and belt. Here is a photo to help clear what i'm talking about

My question is what is the best way to get that bronze gear off of the electric motor? Its a Niko RC car if that helps.
Thanks guys
Old 02-10-2010, 09:20 AM
TechyJoe

Default RE: RC motor gear

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to get this stock "pressed on" pinion gear off. If you have a torch, you can try heating it up and pulling it off (in theory, it is brass and should expand faster then the steel shaft).

I typically just get a new motor and by a pinion to match the existing one and use that. New pinions have a set screw which attaches to the motor shaft.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:09 AM
JFranco
My Feedback: (2)

Curious, what CAD software are you using?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Trike

^ I am using solidworks. I'm wondering if the motor in the vehicle I rated it to have 2.6W I am wondering if it would spin the 0.88lbbearingusing the gearbox and existingaxleof thevehicle. Guess Ill have to do some calculations.