RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Unusual R/C (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/unusual-r-c-245/)
-   -   Flying Thingz???? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/unusual-r-c-245/10329797-flying-thingz.html)

charlie111 08-24-2015 12:40 PM

I got an Email refering me to this Flying things Thread or Forum.See My Self rotating wing All 3 Tests on You Tube under Charles Glazebrook Actually Lifted on 3rd. Test before a Motor mount Failed.Watch for Next vid. Soon! Adding more surface area to Axis control Surfaces. To small to be Affective!But, 3rd Time was a Charm Just seeing it Lift @ All!

Marvinf14 08-24-2015 01:36 PM

Its been a year I still have not received my items from Flyingthingz, he's still in business probably scamming people

topspin 08-25-2015 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Marvinf14 (Post 12089527)
Its been a year I still have not received my items from Flyingthingz, he's still in business probably scamming people

I was interested in buying the flying mower kit so I sent the owner an Email. He responded with an Email that did not exactly instill confidence in me to buy from him, then I saw your post and the deal is off.

Here is the Email exchange:

Hi, I am interested in purchasing a Sky Cutter kit with covering but I recently saw a thrad on RC Universe that leads me to wonder if you are still actively in business. I would really like to purchase the kit but not if your company is no longer in business, I lost money that way once before so I'm sure you understand my position. Please let me know if you are still active.

Thank's, John.

( [email protected] )

Hello,

Actually- though I've had some real life challenges the last couple
years, I've made great headway the last few months, and into the last
couple weeks or so to finally get things on track.

An overhauled laser cutter with a bunch of added improvements. Vinyl
cutter pretty much re-done, an additional foam cutting machine that
seriously kicks butt.. and on top of all that, a plan charted forward.

I really need to get the web replacement part of it wrapped up, which
has been a contributor. The current system is fairly encumbering in
ways that make the pencil, paper and ledger book look modern. I have
no idea how I got into that thing in the first place. :(

Marvinf14 08-25-2015 09:53 AM

This was what he wrote me back in 2014:

Hello,

Sorry, I thought I sent a notice out earlier, I must have mixed up and
marked yours as shipped.

I should have it figured out somehow by Monday afternoon. I've had
some challenges the last few months, and got a little behind, and
with a sudden influx of orders, PayPal decided to see "what was going
on", and asked for proof of shipment on several recent orders, to
which my impression was "okay, they'll see them delivered and we'll
carry on." so i knew what I would be able to ship on Monday, and
queued shipping on Friday evening late, but instead they told me I
issued invalid tracking numbers, and have restricted me from even
refunding, as I was right in the lurch of ordering materials for more
kits, it was not an opportune time.

I used to live at 116th & Caribbean Blvd. in the 1970s, until 1980.
None of that place looks anything the same anymore.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 5:28 PM, FTZ-ContactForm <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>
> Message :
>
> Hello and to whom it may concern,
> I have placed an order its been about 2 weeks i haven't heard anything i call your number no answer, can you please allow me to know whats the updates thank you.
>
> ------------------------
>
> Meta Data
> Referer : http://flyingthingz.com/faq.html
> Site : flyingthingz.com
> Remote Host : 98.64.2.50
> Remote Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:32.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/32.0
>
>

[TABLE="class: uxp_ftr_control t_fbgc, width: 1"]
[TR]
[TD="class: uxp_ftr_left t_lnksi"][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Originally Posted by topspin (Post 12089995)
I was interested in buying the flying mower kit so I sent the owner an Email. He responded with an Email that did not exactly instill confidence in me to buy from him, then I saw your post and the deal is off.

Here is the Email exchange:

[/FONT]

charlie111 08-25-2015 04:24 PM

You could Build a Flying Lawn Mower ! I've See Video & Mower Bed is Airfoil & Elevator @ Top of Handle Rudder somewhere in between & Airlerons @Rear of Mower Bed.Check out My Self Rotating Wing R/C Demonstrator for E.V. carrier But, Smart car Needs Nose Job!LOL As for Flying Things Make Your Own It took 3 Times to get My Project off the Ground! #1Main Shaft collar Moved & Lost pitch control. Dimpled Shaft OK Then Neg. Pitch overpowered Servo. Had to Change to Larger Mixing Arms OK Then Motor mount Failed @ Lift off 3" Glued Screws will HOLD OK! As far as I'm concerned the 3rd. Time was a Charm Watching iy Lift.Also added Larger Axis Control Surfaces.Richard Pryor would say You can't even SEE those Control Surfaces.Looking for Like Minded People with ACCess to Shop to Build the Full Scale Version! I have a Neck injury & Can't lift anything Heavy So, I've got to stay with R/C This is going to make a Great UAV Lifting More with Less. Todays Helis. are Dyslexsic Take it from Me I wrote upside down Until I got caught in 4th Grade & Had to Write ProperlyIt just seamed easier that way? If I Never got this Neck Injury I Never would have thought about Alternative Aircraft Concepts! Had alot of Devine Intervention during Build See it on Twitter rotate1953 All Test Videos on You Tube & under Charles Glazebrook GOOD LUCK Watch the Video on Flying Mower & Try to Copy What you can See. I'm SURE the Bottom is Flat & It's Built of Balsa Not a Real Mower! I saw a Prop in Front?

charlie111 08-25-2015 05:51 PM

Where is He Located? He talked sbout moving in the 80s Like it was Yesterday! Now he's saying PayPal won't let him get Stock? He Better stick to Frizzbies! I'm SURE you could Build 1 Yourself! Just Keep it Leight & Put a Good Motor & Prop.on it! Remember, It just looks like a Mower No Metal or Real Motor Front view what looks like a Motor from the Side is Probably a Vertical Fin Looking @ it Straight on! @ Least Try the Build with Balsa & Film covering! You can Do it C.G. is Most Important!

rccrazedman 08-25-2015 06:38 PM

i have a flying lawn mower i got through Flying thinz a few years. back. never built it yet. But to give you some info the Deck is the wing foil like charlie had stated. The back of the deck uses a pair of elevons for control. ( elevons is a mix to make the aileron act as a elevator as well as ailerons for those that don't know). mine does not have a rudder or dedicated elevator, but I don't know if there are other version out there that do. i can confirm that the engine of the mower is really two vertical fins with a horizontal stabilizer on top. if you really wanted a rudder I don't see why you couldn't add one to the back of the upright fins that make the sides of the mower engine.

qwerty3 11-18-2015 06:41 PM

FlyingThingZ.com - appears to be a ripoff?

Wish I'd looked at this thread before ordering!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered a flying doghouse kit from the flyingthingz.com website on 9/22/2015, paid by debit card :eek: I may be out $175, due to failing to check this guy out. OK, not a life and death matter, but I could use the money for something else.

On 10/10/2015 I sent a polite e-mail asking when the kit would be delivered.
I got the following reply on 10/12/2015:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I've been a bit behind as of late, things running slow and some other personal issues, but I'm also working on a replacement web site and inventory build up in the near future.

I'll have your kit on the way this week, I've got everything I need for them now.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 5:11 PM, <*********@comcast.net> wrote:
Dear Sir(s):

Do you have an estimated shipping date for the item I ordered (the 'Flying Dog House w/ covering' ) ?

I'm not in a big rush, but would appreciate a status of the order.

Thanks,
John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I sent the following e-mail on 11/05/2015
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello - will you be able to ship my kit soon? It's been a month and a half!

I do still want the kit, and am looking forward to building it this winter.

Thanks,

John
-------------------------------------------------------------------
No response to this one :(

There's a phone number I found - not sure if it's any good - 760-713-6502. It led to a google voice mail. Called and left a message, but got no response.

Just sent a 'snail mail' letter, FWIW to:

2075 Grandview Street
Oceanside, CA 92054-5618.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
The BBB gave FlyingThingZ an "F" rating. No surprise there!

http://www.bbb.org/sdoc/business-rev...-ca-172008467/
I'm adding my complaint to the BBB, FWIW.

There's a complaint on 'ripoff report

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Flying-Thingz/internet/Flying-Thingz-Owner-Tony-Diaz-He-failed-to-deliver-advertised-items-that-I-paid-for-vi-1108654

Found this info on linkedin:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/todiaz

qwerty3 12-04-2015 06:44 PM

Update: I filed a complaint with the BBB of San Diego / Orange county. They contacted FlyingthingZ shortly afterwards; that day I got an e-mail from Mr. Diaz, promising shipping 'Friday or Monday'. Didn't happen then; however, about a week later I got an e-mail with a UPS tracking number.
Today, the kit arrived ;) :o. This took about 2 1/2 months - but now I can build!
I will follow up with the BBB on this as well - better resolved late, than never, I guess. So, this fellow is NOT a scam artist - but he may not be very good at delivering on time. Perhaps the BBB contact helped?

PLANE JIM 12-24-2015 09:24 PM

a assembled flying lawnmower-is hanging in Randys Hobbies in Houston Texas-Saito powered-281-469-7000