RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Unusual R/C (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/unusual-r-c-245/)
-   -   Nitro Custom Ski doo--Watch out Artattack! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/unusual-r-c-245/3609309-nitro-custom-ski-doo-watch-out-artattack.html)

mnkay 12-02-2005 03:24 AM

Nitro Custom Ski doo--Watch out Artattack!

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Aluminum body that is reinforced with Fiberglass. It is super strong with virtually no flex. As you can see it houses the hood, dog house and seat from the New Brite skidoo. This will house a Mach .26 motor with a belt drive system which will have interchangeable pulley diameters for different speeds. The front suspension is a little wider than the original New Brite Skidoo's and have 3 inches of travel in the front. Oil shocks and a tight front end will enable this beast to stick to the ground and also absorb those big jumps.

Suspension can be raised and lowered if need be front and rear. The rear suspension on this prototype will have 3 oil shocks and completely made of steel. A little heavy but also gives it a better center of gravity. Also, having almost 3 hp and a triple clutch system won't make too much of a difference. I will also be making aluminum rear ends in the New Year and will fit exactly to spec in your original New Brite Skidoo. Never break a part again!

Also I have steel front spindles that are exactly like the original if anybody needs any.

Track is the original and will be studded.

I will be making a few more this year and about 10 more after January if anybody is interested in Purchasing a body. I will also be selling the front end kits and rear end kits too.

I will be selling everything but the motor, clutch bell, tuned pipe, belt drive system. The motor needs to be installed for sizing of belts and pulleys. Once sized, it is good forever.

I will be posting videos of both sleds when they are ready and you can see for yourself that there is nothing like them!

Remember, this is a prototype and have not taken a lot of time for paint and body detail. I am looking for strength and durability and that was my focus. Any future builds I do, the bodies will be much more cleaner and smooth. Also. I will most likely revise some details with future builds so not 1 will be alike.

I will be designing and building light weight aluminum hoods and seats after the New Year.

My overall goal with this huge project is build the ultimate 1/6th R/C Skidoo. I would like to be able to manufacture and distribute all parts so no wait and also every part will fit all the time. It also will keep costs down since there is no middle man. (Hobby Shop)

These are not going to be cheap by any means and I am not trying to make a cheap version because there is no cheaper way to build a super strong chassis like this. Also, since it has an aluminum shell, a big crash can be fixed if need be unlike plastic composite. I will be adding a small roll bar that will that will take the same shape as the hood and will protect the motor in case of a major rollover. The roll bar will just slide in and out of it;s seat on each side of the engine bay and will be tightened down by a simple set screw. Strut stabalizer bars, anti roll bars, the list goes on and I will continue on making this skidoo better.

I will produce only a few what I will call a "WS". Wide Stance. These skidoos will be considerable wider at the front and will house to long travel shocks and will have 4 inches of front end travel. The rear will be exactly the same and will have 2.75 inches of travel. Cornering, jumping and speed will be the focus of this bad boy. 4, 5, 6 and 7 foot jumps could be gobbled up by the 7 oil shock system. This type will also have a disc brake installed.

As you can see I have a lot of plans to create the ultimate RC skidoo. I will constantly be improving and making new parts available. In addition to this I will offer a lifetime warranty on any body that I sell. That means everything covered but crash. Understand that crashing head on into a wall at 60 mph will most likely not be repairable and will not be covered. Running it over, not covered. So on and so on. If you are serious and would like to know more, let me know.

I really like the look of the New Brite skidoo and that is what caught my attention in the first place and here I am. I am trying to keep the same look as possible but also trying not to copy their design (New Brite). So you can expect a unique looking skidoo in the near future that will be resemble the New Brite but is clearly different. There will be 1 and only 1 that I wll build and it will be completely polished aluminum. Body, seat, housing, hood, ski covers and will look sweet. Not now, later. All this time to build but do not really have the time. Along with doing this I run an online business and an Electronic Liquidation Company and find it hard to make the time. Bare with me and I will have videos to post and you can decide for yourself.

If there is an skepticism, I have built a nitro New Brite with a Custom gear drive system I built last year with a OS .15 (which was too small and did not have enough torque) It worked very well on the street and light snow and reached 23 mph. Check out the member videos section and see for yourself.

Any replies comments or inquiries, send me an email...

motorbikemikexb9 12-04-2005 05:02 PM

RE: Nitro Custom Ski doo--Watch out Artattack!

Looking good. It's about time some people got interested in R/C sleds. Ive thought alot about building a custom sled. but time is always a issue. Keep up the good work and post often. I'll be watching the progress.

mnkay 12-10-2005 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the almost completed 1/6 Nitro Skidoo I have been working on. I just finished the 3 oil shock rear end and looks and works flawlessly. Sealed bearings and rubber bogey wheels make it spin beautifully. The steel components will never break. I will be keeping the metallic look and clear coating the metal to prevent corrosion. The shocks have different seating positions for adjust-ability and travel. This also can tighten the track along with changing to a slightly larger wheel if need be. All bearings are flanged and super smooth. The rear shocks can be used with a 1 or 2 shock setup.

This rear end has cost a lot of money to build and not sure if it is feasible to sell to the general public. I could however make an economical metal rear end for a fair price if you are interested. These rear ends bolt on directly to your Plastic New Brite Skidoo or a custom built skidoo I can build for you.

This is going to be a monster of a machine. I am figuring a way to clamp stud the notches on the track for added traction and will have an idea soon. Hopefully my Nitro belt comes in and can show you what a true RC skidoo will do. Check the pictures out. Remember, prototype, not the prettiest, but all others I will build will be prettier.

motorbikemikexb9 12-11-2005 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow that looks great. you mention "my nitro track should be here soon" what track? have you found something better? where did you get it?

I just bought the same sled locally off of ebay. waiting for a phone call today so I can go pick it up. The rear suspension looks sweet.

Ive got a Idea... If you make the two suspensoin arms for me I'll make you a really nice caridge with hi-fav that looks more scale.

here is a pic of one I made for my Artattack. I'll start working on the MXZ caridge this week.

mnkay 12-12-2005 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am waiting for my Belt for the belt drive. I only have acces to the New Brite tracks. I figured a way to install some more traction easily and also save your track from being worn bu adding more power. 20 pieces and can be changed quickly if need be. I will also make a 40 piece set which will cover every notch on the track. Takes a little time to install but overall traction should be 3 fold and cornering will be awesome considering the sharp outer edge. I can make different sizes for different applications. I will make a larger version that will be capable of running on water! I will build the frame to have an adjustable tunnel drive system that can be lowered or raised to give the needed clearence.

If you a looking for a track setup like this for your New Brite, let me know and I will give you the cost and the easy to do directions to install them. These are not fastened down so please take that in consideration when viewing the pictures. I am not going to give all my secrets away just yet.

Also, I am in the midst of designing a dual ehaust system that runs directly out of the rear. Will work with a Mach .26 and a few others. This sled will also have a disc brake and a brake light that lights up when you let of the throttle and disables when you use the throttle.

Every unit I produce will have a small housing to install a wireless camera. I will be doing this to mine and will have many videos to show 1/6th scale.

I will keep you posted...

mnkay 12-16-2005 09:21 PM

Got the belt and took it out for a run. Unfortunately it was dark outside and the video is dark. Still get a good idea of the speed. Never opened it up but went full throttle at the end and took off like a bat out of hell. With my larger cleats, it should get better traction. I will post some more videos tomorrow and will also bring out the radar gun too. Check this thread for updates.

http://media.putfile.com/New-Nitro-Video-2005 Check it out!

joe slrn 03-21-2007 01:35 PM

hi id like one of your rear suspensions pleas reaply i cant even use mine its all broke.

driftingjunkies 12-27-2010 08:54 PM

RE: Nitro Custom Ski dooWatch out Artattack!

hi are you guys still working on the nitro skidoo's reason for asking is cause having trouble with putting in a nitro motor in and getting it all working right, let me know if you guys are or not thanks