Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Tower Pro SG90 Servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 05:01 AM
thailazer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tower Pro SG90 Servo

When my Tiger 2 developed aileron flutter, I went to a dual aileron set-up using some cheap (3.50 USD) Tower Pro Servos, thinking I would replace them later with something better. Now after two gallons of fuel through the airplane with the new set-up, no problems at all! From what I can see, there is no wear and they have plenty of force in the dual aileron set-up.

Have these cheap servos hit the US markets yet? I am wondering if anyone out there has more experience with them than I do. I don't believe the company has any relation to Tower Hobbies and I'm seriously considering using more of them for rudder, throttle, speed-brake, and nose-gear steering applications.

Here is a link for the servos I am referring to:
http://rc-society.weloveshopping.com...407368-th.html
Old 02-19-2011, 06:44 AM
VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS
My Feedback: (159)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Pro SG90 Servo

Lets get an update after 50 flights. The combined tork in pairs according to the servo ratings would be 20 oz
?????????????????????????????
Old 04-21-2011, 05:30 AM
zx32tt
My Feedback: (9)

my only experience with TowerPro servo's has been less than desireable. There are too many good, inexpensive servo's available. And, you should ask yourself, " am I willing to risk losing my airplane for a cheap $3.50 servo." HD brand servo's have a much better reputation.
zx32tt
Old 04-21-2011, 05:39 AM
thailazer

ORIGINAL: zx32tt

my only experience with TowerPro servo's has been less than desireable. There are too many good, inexpensive servo's available. And, you should ask yourself, '' am I willing to risk losing my airplane for a cheap $3.50 servo.'' HD brand servo's have a much better reputation.
zx32tt
Sorry to hear of your experience. I own four of them now and have had excellent reliability. The aileron pair I have in my Tiger 2 have over 100 flights on them and no noticeable signs of wear or play. I'm not too worried about a failure with the dual set up, and the others I use only for throttle and nose wheel steering on another plane. So far so good, but I am always on the look out for problems.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:16 AM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

im using mg90s in 1 of my 450 helis  and the sg90s in the 250 heli have had a few crash and burns and they hold up rock solid where a few of the more expensive jr , spectrum, hitecs stripped i will keep paying 3.50 myself
Old 07-10-2014, 03:13 AM
thailazer

Originally Posted by madmorgan
im using mg90s in 1 of my 450 helis* and the sg90s in the 250 heli have had a few crash and burns and they hold up rock solid where a few of the more expensive jr , spectrum, hitecs stripped i will keep paying 3.50 myself
Just ordered a set of the metal gear ones. Inspected my four year old plastic gear versions on my Tiger 2 and there is no play on the main shaft, and everything looks fine. (Plane flies a couple times a week so there is significant time on them.) They sell so many of these things that they must have the process down pretty good.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:23 AM
domer1234

This servo come from Thailand isn't it. It very cheap price, but i don't trust about efficiency on it until try out.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:33 PM
thailazer

Originally Posted by domer1234
This servo come from Thailand isn't it. It very cheap price, but i don't trust about efficiency on it until try out.
I order mine from an ebay supplier in Hong Kong so I don't think they are built in Thailand. Will try to find out for sure.