Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

BH Pitts S1S

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 10:23 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default BH Pitts S1S

This is my second BH model the first being there large scale AT-6 which is semi retired at present. The AT-6 went together with no problems and flew fine with a Magnum 1.8 FS. The only problem I encountered was the included retracts which were junk. I replaced them with Robart units. Now moving forward to the Pitts. I purchased this plane because of the product review I read in Model Airplane News and overall I was not dissapointed. The airframe is constructed in an orderly and well made fashion. It is covered and finished in a plastic film that presents an excellent appearence. The ouline is true to scale but there are things to need to be changed IMO to make this airframe air worthy. Throw away most if not all the supplied hardware including the engine mount and wheel assemblies. I plan to install a Saito 1.8 FS and presently am awaiting on its arrival. The last comment I'll make is on the CG location provided by the vendor. If you use the supplied CG location the plane will balance extremly nose heavy.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BH Pitts S1S

any pictures;
Old 09-08-2011, 07:22 AM
flycatch
My Feedback: (26)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: BH Pitts S1S

Pictures? The plane is an arf.