Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ALL MEMBERS READ PLEASE before you post....posted 8-19-03

This is the PRODUCT REVIEW forum. Many members have been posting QUESTIONS about various things in here. Please take the time to look and see what other forums are here. There is very likely a forum specific to your questions. Any and all QUESTIONS posted in here will likely be moved to the appropriate forum in most cases.

The administration of this site has spent an enormous amount of time suiting the forums to YOUR needs. Spend some time browsing the forums and you WILL find one that will cover your needs.

THANK YOU
    CUSTOM GIANT SCALE BUILDER
    PROTOTYPE MODEL BUILDING for full scale aircraft
    current project can be seen at http://www.geversaircraft.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ALL MEMBERS READ PLEASE before you post....posted 8-19-03

Captain,

What happened to all the great reviews that used to be in the Review Forum. I was just there getting ready to post a lengthy review of the new TF 1/5 ARF and saw that there was only 1 page of reviews?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: splais
    What happened to all the great reviews that used to be in the Review Forum. I was just there getting ready to post a lengthy review of the new TF 1/5 ARF and saw that there was only 1 page of reviews?
    Marc did not merge the review forum contents over when he switched from the old to the new RCU. I spent at least 60 hours doing a very detailed review on the BVM Super Bandit on the old RCU, and now it's gone. Unfortunately, this makes me somewhat reluctant to spend any time on any more reviews, such as the Mick Reeves Hawker Hunter that I just started buiding.

Gordon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gordon, I figured out what happened. If you look at the top of the forum page you must select the period you want to review. I.e., 30, 60, 90, days etc. That is why older reviews don't show initially.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Marc did not merge the review forum contents over when he switched from the old to the new RCU. I spent at least 60 hours doing a very detailed review on the BVM Super Bandit on the old RCU, and now it's gone.
    Gordon that was an excellent review you did too! It is such a shame it is now gone. Information like this is invaluable to other people. It may not be used immediately, but sometime in the future somebody will want it.

I read every post in your review of the Super Bandit. I know you spent a lot of time writing and taking pictures that would have slowed your build down, but you did it anyway.

EDIT: Actually I just went and looked and found the review of the Super Bandit. Looks like it did make it over to the new site.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/BVM_..._305904/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: splais

Gordon, I figured out what happened. If you look at the top of the forum page you must select the period you want to review. I.e., 30, 60, 90, days etc. That is why older reviews don't show initially.
    Actually, I discussed this with Marc a while ago, and he said that he had forgotten about that forum when he merged the sites, such that the older reviews were unavailble. It was uncertain at the time what could / would be done about it, but from what Maverick has just pointed out, it looks like it did in fact get done after all.

Gordon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

SPLAIS,

sorry I didn't get to this one sooner, I took some time off of here and have been trying to catch up on some planes. You are correct, you have to make sure you have the settings set for the correct time frame. As Gordon just pointed out, in the beginning of the UPBRINGING of this new site, IT WAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT. We spoke about it in the MOD forum and got things hashed out.

I hope you are finding what you are looking for.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you allowed to review rc trucks or cars?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yes you can

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gordon,
    just trawling for info on the Mick Reeves Hunter and wondered how you got on with yours, perhaps you would be willing to share some info on the build etc?
    many thanks
    Robin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I noticed the redcat advertisement thats funny I bought a landslide from tri_county_racing had good communication until I wanted to send it back because of the bench time this truck has had not alloud to curse,flame,degrade or insult I sure could no problem but redcat racing said they would send me parts to fix I sent them the whole truck told them to run four tanks through it after they fix just to make sure it's ok I'll see what happens and post later redcat has good customer service .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I purchased a 1/8 exceed truggy, I have hd a few problems with this truck such as the seals in the front shocks are tourn, a bad servo,the body melted from the exsust, the front left tire wore out, strang thing is the tie rods are even steven, makes no sence. Exceeds customer support is no good, I was on hold for 20min the guy was rude, he said he would send me the parts and hung up on me without taking any of my info. If you are in the market for a R/C vehicle, and dont want to go through the hassel of probles, I here good things about Red Cat And Himoter racing. The appear to be the same, but with larger engins, differnt brakes, differnt upper and lower controll arms and different bodys.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There is a new site with something really different at http://www.radiocontrolesing.com.mx
    inedesca

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I realize the Telemaster Senior is not a "New" plane. However the advance in batteries and BL motors makes it new to many. I maidened my TMS today and added another 2 flights. WIth a Futaba 8 ch xmtr I set the Ail/ rudder mix controlled with a switch. I set it up for full rudder and ailerons and elevator with a dual rate of 50%. Our fields are rough gravel roads with short clumpy grass. I envy you guys with the manicured fields. I used AXI 4120/18 a 70amp OPTO ESC a 14X10 prop which just surprisingly works here at 4,000' altitude. Beautiful maiden minor trim on elevator and ailerons. This plane looks small up high but the shadow going past seems gigantic. My eyes not what they were at 21 I can see the plane much farther away. This would be an excellent trainer plane, it behaves so well ,I used operating wing struts and 16 rubberbands on the wing. I know that it will hold the wing securely even though there will be damage if it strikes something. The double piece wing needs a strap with 2 holes at the leading and trailing edges as it tends to creep apart each flight. I glued the wing braces onto the left wing to make separating easier the braces were sliding out 1/2 way from each wing requiring extra long arms to accomplish taking them apart. Great plane, very easy to fly, visible at 1000' . Not that I wopuld fly that high, heh,heh. Short take-offs makes rough field not much of a problem. A head wind makes landings much easier i.e. shorter.
    HL has got a winner in the Telemaster Senior. I put a 4200 5 cell battery for receiver with charging port and on/off switch. Be sure to check receiver battery prior to each flight. I modified a Harbor Freight $4.00 meter with a battery plug soldered on the leads. Good for 10 flights before recharging going by voltage loss on each flight.
    Lee
    The old saying \"If it ain\'\'t broke don\'\'t fix it.\" Believe me If I fly it a couple times...... It will be broke.