Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

HPI D8S RTR

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Noobnoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI D8S RTR

Long story short... me and my friends are just getting into nitro RC cars I got a HPI trophy couple weeks ago that works fine. My friend just got a D8S rtr in the mail yesterday. After opening it up we noticed that the fuel lines where connected wrong, the fuel line itsellf was going right to the muffler and the pressure line was going to the carb, no biggie. The other problem is that the receiver will not bind to the remote at all. Called the company he got the car from and they talked him thru the binding process (which we already tried 15 times) then told him that they cannot do anything about it "since the box was opened it was now a warranty issue with HPI". Contacts hpi and they tell him to send just the motor and receiver back to them. After pointing out how ridiculous this is they tell him just to send everything back. So now he's out 500 bucks and will be without a car that he waited 8 days to be delivered for god knows how long. Talk about frustrating. Lesson learned is that from now on only buy from local dealers.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 AM
peanutbutter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HPI D8S RTR

that sucks hope it ges back ti him asap