Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Elastic head lamps - personal headlights

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Elastic head lamps - personal headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 09:12 PM
mickvk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elastic head lamps - personal headlights

I don't have the best lighting. Instead of re-doing my workshop Imake due with a task light, a desk light, a flash light, or a head light when necessary. I've been through three of them and I wanted to share my thoughts.

Last place: The Eco Lite rechargeable. Cost under $20 through Container Store. www.capstoneindustries.com/index.php/products/eco-i-lite-rechargeable-led-headlight/ My unit had a bad battery Isuppose because it lasts about 8 minutes on a charge. More importantly, when it works, the light is weak, bluish, and not adjustable. Strongly not recommended.

Second Place: Energizer 6 LED headlight. Cost under $20 at Target: www.target.com/p/energizer-6-led-headlight/-/A-11234023. Takes three AAA alkaline batteries. It works, but it never shined bright enough and had no beam adjustment. Every time I turned in on or off it was an annoyance because the rubber button was hard to press and you had to press it four times to cycle through the useless flashing modes. I've never liked using it. Not recommended.

First place: Cree 5 watt 300 lumen adjustable zoom headlamp. Cost, $10 on ebay. I opted for the alkaline version, 3 AAA - but a rechargable lithium version is available if you want. It has outstanding brightness. It has a half brightness mode. The modes are easy to press through because the button is decent quality. The zoom works great - very easy to adjust. it's slightly more substantial and slightly bulkier than the poor quality units, but I'm okay with that. It works well and I like using it.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:10 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Elastic head lamps - personal headlights

O.k this needs at least 1 reply. No way to hook up a cheap 4' shop light, or even a cheap halogen work light?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:57 PM
mickvk

Oh yeah, I've got a bunch of light fixtures and options. It's really a review of a couple crappy headlamps and sharing the info on a "good" one finally
Old 11-19-2012, 09:22 AM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a couple of the $9.99 multi-packs of the LED headlamps from Home Depot or Lowe's a couple years ago. They're great for taking the dogs out, fetching firewood, etc. Used them a couple times working on cars, but too annoying for me to use while working on models.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:00 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use this one http://www.energizer.com/flashlights...headlight.aspx.
I have plenty of light in my shop but sometimes there is a need for some in enclosed areas. And on the forehead point's it exactly where I'm looking.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
mickvk

The energizer produces less light at 45 lumens, costs more, and has a power button that isn't great. For $7 this one rocks 300 lumens. www.ebay.com/itm/Camping-Hiking-300-Lumen-CREE-LED-Headlamp-/200850985337