Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

oomodel and moon hobby

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default oomodel and moon hobby

I'm fairly sure these are the same company since their FAQ pages and shipping info are the exact same page. I placed an order on Dec 23 from one and Dec 26 from the other for heli stuff (many thanks to my mother in law who wanted to do something nice this year). Nothing has arrived yet which exceeds the 14 day estimated delivery time. I just got an email back from them to expect 4-6 weeks, maybe longer due to customs causing a backup. I have a hard time believing that it takes a month for a toy helicopter to make it through customs, so I'm filing a dispute. I bought from them because they had the Tarot helicopters at good prices, but I'll advise others to buy elsewhere.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:47 AM
jester_s1

Default RE: oomodel and moon hobby

Update: Roughly a month after placing my order it finally came in. The heli arrived fine although considerably later than promised. So those who consider buying from oomodel, look elsewhere if you're in a hurry or are concerned with how long warranty service might take if you need it, but they aren't a ripoff operation from what I can tell.

Also, I found out from one of the reps that moonhobby has some sort of association with oomodel, but they are seperate companies. Moonhobby had a glitch in processing my order which they didn't catch until I sent them an inquiry about it, but they upgraded me to express shipping and promised delivery in about 10 days. We'll see how that goes.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:44 AM
jester_s1

Default RE: oomodel and moon hobby

Everything has arrived from both companies and seems to be working fine.