Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dumas 1800 rc 35" waco wmf-5 E-kit

Hi out there ! Iwas wondering if anybody has built an flown a dumas 1800 rc waco 35"wmf-5 e -kit got one for x-mas and how should i power it for outside/inside flite ? new to E-FLITE wiffies said this is more my size! (HA-HA)???? fly giant scale . where should i look to find motor/esc / an what size? thanks email is gregmesecar@yahoo.com in case you dont want to use threads on rcu thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Dumas 1800 rc 35

Hi Greg, I have built this Dumas Waco. It is one of the better Dumas kits. I flew outdoors, but only in light winds. You can use 2- 9 gram servos, a 20 amp esc, and a small brushless motor of about 125-175 watts. I flew mine on a 1300, 3 cell lipo and the balance came out per plan without additional wt needed. I think that a power to wt ratio of about 60-80 watts per pound should work. I covered mine with litetex, a lightwieght iron on fabric material that can be bought in various colors. Good luck on your build.