Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

AVOID BANANA HOBBY AT ALL COST!

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

AVOID BANANA HOBBY AT ALL COST!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:56 PM
aircowboy
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AVOID BANANA HOBBY AT ALL COST!

Their stuff looks good on the website, but dont be fooled! I purchased 4 planes from Banana Hobby. I should have bought just one first, before wasting my money. Sure, the planes look great on the website in the videos and pictures. But, if you pay close attention to some of the videos, you will notice that they dont fly the planes with the stock components. Dont expect the flight performance to be like the video. Isnt gonna happen! Then there is the quality of the planes. Well the airframes are so-so and your best bet is to buy the airframe only and put your components in it. Scale details are very nice and the planes are strong and durable. The radio equipment, speed controls, and hardware are junk. I had to change all this stuff on my planes to get something worth flying. The planes fly good once you put your own stuff in them. The instruction are in chinese english and impossible to understand if they even have instructions at all. Most models have no instructions for the speed controls, batteries or radio equipment. Parts support? HAHAHahahahaha! Non-existent! Spare parts are never in stock! Customer support? NOPE! They sent me an incorrect item and I tried to get it exchanged. Tried calling. Always closed. Sent emails. No response. Guess I have to sell the wrong item on ebay to try to get some of my money back. Its too bad. Banana Hobby has some great looking warbirds. If they supplied them with better components and had better parts support and customer service, they could be a very profitable company. Instead, they continually disappoint their customers. The next time I purchase anything from a company I have not dealt with before, I will do my research. It will save me a bunch of money and help me avoid these chinese companies. I am never buying from Banana Hobby again. Luckilly I used PAYPAL for my purchases and my credit card number isnt being used all over China. I know their stuff looks tempting, but I recommend you check out their reviews on their website and comments on RCuniverse. You will see a common trend.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AVOID BANANA HOBBY AT ALL COST!

This has been know for a long time. I would dare say that most people that have ever had to deal with Banana Hobby refer to the place as banana pete. Once he has your money, he has no further interest in you. He knows you won't be back for another purchase.

I've never heard anything food about him. Except from his shills. They swear by him.

Sorry about your experience.

Frank
Old 06-04-2013, 03:54 PM
w9jcm
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: AVOID BANANA HOBBY AT ALL COST!

I saw this and had to add my 2 cents worth.. Avoid Banana Nitro and all the likes. I hate these Chinese junk planes these guys are selling and trust me they are making a mint! I inherited a bunch from a friend who got into the hobby late and wanted me to teach him how to fly. He started buying all these Chinese deals and I was stuck with figuring out the assembly and fixing the dam things so at least they would hold together for a few flights. Anyhow first thing I did was change all RX to Hitec's for my Aurora. I have 20 ok 20 of these dam things.. lost one B25 on account Chinese RX/TX. And issues with all of them. Cheap Cheap hardware from the top to bottom. I will never buy any of this junk. The P38 I have from them has a broken steering arm thats part of the nose wheel but you can't even buy a new one FMS says we dont offer it you have to buy a whole new airplane!!! If you are buying this junk and supporting these people please stop they are in my opinion ruining the industry.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:48 PM
Tcoltpilot

Been dealing with Banana Hobby for eight years now with only a couple of problems. I've always gotten a response and have talked to Pete. I now have the super B-25 and put my DX-8 to the task. All built out of box with no changes, now has 100 plus flights and is a great flying plane. I stiffened the wings with 1/4" carbon fiber strips. Some pics to prove it. I drop parachutes from the bombay of this great war bird. 40 years of RC aviation experiance.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	TRCC Scale Fly In 050.JPG
Views:	298
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	1971686   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRCC Scale Fly In 006.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1971687   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRCC Scale Fly In 019.JPG
Views:	271
Size:	809.7 KB
ID:	1971688   Click image for larger version

Name:	TRCC Scale Fly In 011.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	942.9 KB
ID:	1971689  
Old 02-28-2014, 04:56 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I stiffened the wings with 1/4" carbon fiber strips"

Well did you make changes or not-

"Been dealing with Banana Hobby for eight years now with only a couple of problems. I've always gotten a response and have talked to Pete. I now have the super B-25 and put my DX-8 to the task. All built out of box with no changes"
Old 02-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Tcoltpilot

It wasn't a change but an addition. I am a hobbiest and like to beef things up even though it wasn't needed. My choice. 40 plus years in the hobby. A change would be taking out the servos and replacing them with something else, or installing different motors and speed controllers. I did buy the Super A-10 kit version and installed all Hi-Tec servos and Castle 60 speed controllers with 10 bladed fans.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:23 AM
linda82

Thumbs up

Wow... I saw the picture with the two paratroops. Are they came from the plane??

Last edited by linda82; 03-01-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:50 PM
FlyDon9

I have dealt with Banana Hobby for a number of years and have had no problems as have a few members of the local RC club.

My only complaint is that they will not ship Li-Po batteries from the US to Canada. However that is not hard to work around as plenty of other vendors do.

By the way, if all the planes made in China were taken off the market you would have little choice and the prices would be significantly higher. Where have you been for the last few years? Just about every RC plane is made in China now.