Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Beware Tru-Turn!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 12:00 PM
Saddlebum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Beware Tru-Turn!

Here's my experience...

I ordered a custom prop adaptor and custom prop nut for a brand new E-Flite Power 110. The adaptor arrived with a nut, prop washer and mounting bolts.

When I mounted the prop adapter with the supplied mounting bolts, the bolts were too long and they scored the bearing race of the motor. This ruined the motor. I sent it to E-Flite for repair but they said it was beyond repair and I had to buy a new one, which I did.
There were NO instructions, warnings or notices with the supplied Tru-Turn bolts. Since I had ordered a custom prop adaptor and prop nut, I reasonably assumed Tru-Turn had supplied custom mounting bolts.

When I contacted Tru-Turn, Ric Obenburger wrote me on June 9th; "Thanks Keith, we will look into the issue from this end". I have since contacted them twice in the past six weeks but they choose to give me the silent treatment, instead of discussing this like intelligent people.

I've been patient, I've explained the situation in great detail and I've been polite. What I have gotten in return is a big black hole of communication. Tru-Turn's poor parts choices and lack of written documentation ruined a brand new $140 motor and they don't have the decency to acknowledge their error.

BEWARE TRU-TURN.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:28 AM
uLTRASPORT1000
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Over the years I have purchased many items from Tru-turn some of them custom. Always found them to be a class A+ company to deal with. Give them some time.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:14 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Saddlebum
Here's my experience...

I ordered a custom prop adaptor and custom prop nut for a brand new E-Flite Power 110. The adaptor arrived with a nut, prop washer and mounting bolts.

When I mounted the prop adapter with the supplied mounting bolts, the bolts were too long and they scored the bearing race of the motor. This ruined the motor. I sent it to E-Flite for repair but they said it was beyond repair and I had to buy a new one, which I did.
There were NO instructions, warnings or notices with the supplied Tru-Turn bolts. Since I had ordered a custom prop adaptor and prop nut, I reasonably assumed Tru-Turn had supplied custom mounting bolts.

When I contacted Tru-Turn, Ric Obenburger wrote me on June 9th; "Thanks Keith, we will look into the issue from this end". I have since contacted them twice in the past six weeks but they choose to give me the silent treatment, instead of discussing this like intelligent people.

I've been patient, I've explained the situation in great detail and I've been polite. What I have gotten in return is a big black hole of communication. Tru-Turn's poor parts choices and lack of written documentation ruined a brand new $140 motor and they don't have the decency to acknowledge their error.

BEWARE TRU-TURN.
They may have sold you bolts that are slightly too long, but it's your responsibility to look at what you're doing. You assumed the supplied bolts were correct. You assumed wrong. Your problem, not Tru-Turn's.
And how is a damaged bearing cause to junk the entire motor??? The bearings are designed to be replaced as a maintenance item...

Last edited by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken; 07-22-2014 at 11:28 AM.