Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > User Product Reviews
Reload this Page >

Carbon Z Cub Articulated Landing Gear (Hah!)

Community
Search
Notices
User Product Reviews Post a full review of your latest kit, ARF, heli, engine, radio, whatever! Read what others have to say about them.

Carbon Z Cub Articulated Landing Gear (Hah!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 03:55 PM
michaelnel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon Z Cub Articulated Landing Gear (Hah!)

I would not recommend the landing gear from cublandinggear.com. I paid $170 including shipping, had to wait a couple months for delivery. They come with absolutely no instructions, no locknuts even when you request them even though the website shows them on the gear, and they posted that all you had to do was ask for them if you want them.

They don't even come with the necessary hardware to mount them. Not a big deal, but heck it's just four screws, you't think for $170 they could include them. Because there are absolutely no instructions with them, there is also no guidance on which rubber bands to use or how many, so I used two doubled #64 bands on each of the four points. If anything, I thought the gear was too stiff. I also mounted Kavan 150mm (6") wheels & tires with the pressure set very low.

I installed them on my CZC. The most experienced flyer in our club (guy with a five digit AMA number) maidened the gear. He is an expert flyer who is not fond of ARFs and likes foamies even less, but he really liked the way it flew. I have the Power 60 motor in it with the Talon 90 ESC and the 15x8E APC prop and the performance was terrific.

He brought it in for the first landing which looked to be a good one until the tires touched the ground.

Squat, crunch, slide. The landing gear went overcenter, the wheels went all the way up and stayed up, and it slid on the runway a few feet with the center of the gear dragging.

The gear are all bent up, the front center section is bent back about 1.5", several of the tubes are mangled, and the pins that hold the rubber bands are broken off in front. He is trying to repair them, but man, what a waste of money those things were.

Buyer beware. The seller was unpleasant to deal with as well.